PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a Pono? If so, could you please check something for me?

spookelele
01-17-2015, 05:08 PM
Is the nut supposed to be level or slanted? Ie, is the slot that the nut sits in cut to the same depth on both sides?

My nut is installed lower on the A string than on the G string. I'm not sure if this is a manufacturing defect, or by design since it's due to the channel that's routed out for the nut being cut that way.

If you have a Pono, could you check for me? I thought the neck was twisted, but it seems it's just the nut is installed at a slant. Thanks in advance.

rockyl
01-17-2015, 05:30 PM
My RTSHC-PCS is the same. It's a radius fretboard. Is your's radius as well?

spookelele
01-17-2015, 05:33 PM
I don't think it's radius'd. It's an ATD, not one of the fancier ones.
The nut is straight, it's just installed at a slant.

Oldbard
01-17-2015, 05:35 PM
The nut on my Pono Tenor is even for all strings and no slant. I would think it's a defect.
Bill

mm stan
01-17-2015, 06:35 PM
some nuts come rounded on the top side on some ukes, it's just a beauty thing ....what is most important is the cut angle in the grooves of the nut and depth...

kissing
01-17-2015, 06:51 PM
I really don't see anything wrong with the picture. Different ukes come with different nuts and dimensions... some are slanted, some are straight. It would have been evened out at the nut slots upon the final setup.

Whatever it is you are seeing, it's probably not adversely affecting the playability.

Nut slots are filed at different depths to accommodate for the difference in thickness of strings. If the G slot is a bit higher than the A slot, that's not unusual for a lot of ukulele manufacturers. It gives you the option of installing low-G later on without adversely affecting how a high-G string works in the meantime

deschutestrout
01-17-2015, 06:56 PM
I believe he's talking about the slot on the headstock, in which the nut lies. In the photos, you can see the difference on each side. Looks like that is part of the design...but I'd call 'em to confirm.

tangimango
01-17-2015, 09:17 PM
Normally it should be even, I can see that one side has a deeper cut and the other none. . Cosmetically looks off but I dont think itit does anything to your ukulele as long as they slotted the string slots evenly with the other strings, basically a final setup.. I can make a crooked nut but cut the slots evenly so wont matter how crooked it will be to an extent. Imo.

Patrick Madsen
01-17-2015, 09:43 PM
You may want to return the uke. With your previous thread and now the nut issue; you may not ever feel confident with the uke.

mm stan
01-17-2015, 09:54 PM
I believe he's talking about the slot on the headstock, in which the nut lies. In the photos, you can see the difference on each side. Looks like that is part of the design...but I'd call 'em to confirm.

Check to see if the nut is glued down by loosening The strings.

ramone
01-18-2015, 02:10 AM
is the slot that the nut sits in cut to the same depth on both sides?

it is even on both sides of my AT

SteveZ
01-18-2015, 02:58 AM

Agree. Suggest calling and emailing the seller and Pono. Be sure to include the photos in the email.

spookelele
01-18-2015, 03:12 AM
You may want to return the uke. With your previous thread and now the nut issue; you may not ever feel confident with the uke.

That's kinda why I'm asking.

I ended up taking the uke to a string tech to have it checked out. Most of the buzzing is resolved now. The truss rod had no tension on it, and part of the buzzing was because it was loose. It was turned until the 2-way truss grabbed tension and a small bow was induced, and now the buzzes are pretty much gone.

When I asked about the twist, he sighted from the butt end and said there wasn't a twist, so then I asked about why the nut didn't align with the body. That's when he pointed out that the slot cut for the nut was cut at an angle, making the nut sit at an angle. He wasn't sure if it was supposed to be that way or not. They don't sell pono at that store and they were not familiar with them.

mm stan
01-18-2015, 03:40 AM
Does if affect the sound of the ukulele?

spookelele
01-18-2015, 03:54 AM
Does if affect the sound of the ukulele?

That's a good question that I'm not sure of.

I had buzzing that was mostly resolved by making the neck bow with the truss rod. I'm not sure if I have to bow it more than "normal" because of this nut thing, but bowing it raises the action everywhere, which requires more force and I would think require cleaner fingering with more pressure to avoid buzz from bad fingering. More pressure sharps notes in theory.

Purely speaking does it affect the sound? probably not so much.
But I feel like it affects how it plays. I'm not sure if different is worse or just different.

At someone's suggestion, I've emailed Pono to see what they think.

bazmaz
01-18-2015, 06:05 AM
I'd say the same - wouldnt bother me IF the uke plays ok.

How is intonation at lower frets?

spookelele
01-18-2015, 08:16 AM
I'd say the same - wouldnt bother me IF the uke plays ok.

How is intonation at lower frets?

Intonation is close at 12th. Maybe 1 bar off on a snark tuner which I know is not the most accurate but I dont have a strobe so that's what I've got and I dont have perfect pitch.

It plays ok I think, but I'm not a pro player and my only reference is a Kala teme3.

mm stan
01-18-2015, 08:57 AM
That's a good question that I'm not sure of.

I had buzzing that was mostly resolved by making the neck bow with the truss rod. I'm not sure if I have to bow it more than "normal" because of this nut thing, but bowing it raises the action everywhere, which requires more force and I would think require cleaner fingering with more pressure to avoid buzz from bad fingering. More pressure sharps notes in theory.

Purely speaking does it affect the sound? probably not so much.
But I feel like it affects how it plays. I'm not sure if different is worse or just different.

At someone's suggestion, I've emailed Pono to see what they think.
Did you buy this uke direct from hms, if the action is high it may be affecting playability and comfort
How is the intonation on open strings and at the 12th fret?

Dan Uke
01-18-2015, 10:45 AM
Normally it should be even, I can see that one side has a deeper cut and the other none. . Cosmetically looks off but I dont think itit does anything to your ukulele as long as they slotted the string slots evenly with the other strings, basically a final setup.. I can make a crooked nut but cut the slots evenly so wont matter how crooked it will be to an extent. Imo.

I agree with this

spookelele
01-18-2015, 11:59 AM
I sent the pic to John Kitakis and got a pretty fast response.

--------------------------------------------
"aloha Walt, I'm glad the truss rod worked. We designed it with the rod so the instrument could be adjusted when humidity issues are involved.
I did look at the photo of the neck that was forwarded from Armando. And I did not see that the neck was warped or twisted.
On occasion the nut is not set perfectly. But our instruments are hand crafted, so nothing will be perfect, but as close as possible to excellent playing condition.

After the making of each Pono we have several inspections to insure that each instrument is correct. On occasion, after the instrument has been in a new environment, it may go through changes,
but again, this is why we installed the truss rod. And also, why we have our dealers advise their customers to use adequate humidification, namely a humidifier installed in the case and in the instrument when not in use.

anyway, your ukulele seems to be doing well. And hopefully sounds great. We strive to be one of the highest quality ukulele makers. And appreciate customers like you.
------------------------------

So, he sounds like he doesn't think its something to be too concerned about, and others have also said it's not something to worry too much about, so I think I'm going to stop stressing about it.

Patrick Madsen
01-18-2015, 01:27 PM
Good idea S. It'll just get better and better as you play. Sure shows Pono has class and care about their customers.

stevepetergal
01-18-2015, 04:56 PM
This is strange but not a problem at all. The only way it would effect the instrument is if the string height is too low on the string #1 side (in this case). If the A string isn't buzzing when open, it's nothing. Don't do anything. It's fine. What ever made you look to find this? (thought I was picky).

UkerDanno
01-18-2015, 05:29 PM
Not sure if I would ever notice anything like that, but, if I knew it was like that, it would bug the hell out of me. Just checked my C1K and Ohana and the slot same depth on both sides. Pono's are supposed to have better workmanship, I thought!

Rllink
01-19-2015, 02:44 AM
Good idea S. It'll just get better and better as you play. Sure shows Pono has class and care about their customers.
Class would be to say, "if you aren't happy with the workmanship of your brand new Pono ukulele, we will be happy to replace it." I don't think that saying, "nothing is perfect" shows class.

bazmaz
01-19-2015, 03:03 AM
If the intonation and string height are ok, I don't think it would make me want to change it. I've seen Koaloha ukes with worse nuts. Still they play very well which is what matters.

UkerDanno
01-19-2015, 04:41 AM
Class would be to say, "if you aren't happy with the workmanship of your brand new Pono ukulele, we will be happy to replace it." I don't think that saying, "nothing is perfect" shows class.

yea, I was a little surprised at that response...

spookelele
01-19-2015, 05:41 AM
To be honest, I was a bit disappointed in the response from Pono, but I've wondered about them since I read the FAQ where it says, don't freak out if the bridge pops off, because they say it's a safety thing. I don't really believe it.

All non-plastic uke's are hand made. There's no Uke machine, where you push a tree in one end and it spits out a uke on the other. Human hands make Kala/Lanakai/Cordoba/etc just like on Pono's. Some steps are facilitated by jigs, molds, etc, but in the end, there's humans making these things, and not an injection machine (plastics aside).

On the one hand, it plays fine. The intonation is not exact but it's pretty close. I don't think it's because of the nut. I'll probably compensate the saddle when I lower it to fix it after I find a set of strings I like on it. I bought Pono because I was looking for a solid acacia and it sounded better to me in recordings than the Kala. And even though the nut is less than perfect, I cant say it plays badly, and it does sound nice.

On the otherhand, if/when I upgrade, I don't see another Pono or Ko'olau in my future, unless I can play it first. The music stores were I live don't carry higher end ukes so... probably I'd have to look on vacation, or maybe do a custom where I won't get the "hand made variance" line if something isnt made right.

Rllink
01-19-2015, 05:52 AM
To be honest, I was a bit disappointed in the response from Pono, but I've wondered about them since I read the FAQ where it says, don't freak out if the bridge pops off, because they say it's a safety thing. I don't really believe it.

All non-plastic uke's are hand made. There's no Uke machine, where you push a tree in one end and it spits out a uke on the other. Human hands make Kala/Lanakai/Cordoba/etc just like on Pono's. Some steps are facilitated by jigs, molds, etc, but in the end, there's humans making these things, and not an injection machine (plastics aside).

On the one hand, it plays fine. The intonation is not exact but it's pretty close. I don't think it's because of the nut. I'll probably compensate the saddle when I lower it to fix it after I find a set of strings I like on it. I bought Pono because I was looking for a solid acacia and it sounded better to me in recordings than the Kala. And even though the nut is less than perfect, I cant say it plays badly, and it does sound nice.

On the otherhand, if/when I upgrade, I don't see another Pono or Ko'olau in my future, unless I can play it first. The music stores were I live don't carry higher end ukes so... probably I'd have to look on vacation, or maybe do a custom where I won't get the "hand made variance" line if something isnt made right.I wouldn't want to say anything that might make someone feel bad about their uke, but it seemed like you have been there ever since you posted the first thread. I'm sorry that you have some issues with it. I hope that it works out on the end, but if it were me, I would send it back. But, you need to do what makes you feel good about it, not what anyone else tells you to do.

Dan Uke
01-19-2015, 06:23 AM
Why did you take it to a tech instead of the store? Did you order online? Are you the first owner?

I don't think the response from Pono is weird. They have authorized dealers who take care of this and you should send it to them.

spookelele
01-19-2015, 06:49 AM
I wouldn't want to say anything that might make someone feel bad about their uke, but it seemed like you have been there ever since you posted the first thread. I'm sorry that you have some issues with it. I hope that it works out on the end, but if it were me, I would send it back. But, you need to do what makes you feel good about it, not what anyone else tells you to do.

Here's the thing.

If I send it back at this point, they send it to Pono, and Pono decides if it's a "flaw". If it's determined not a defect, I'll have to eat shipping ($60), and a restocking fee ($40?). John from Pono has already said I shouldn't worry about it, which means he's saying it's not a warrantied defect, so I'd be eating the shipping, and the restocking fee, and as someone pointed out in the other thread, the one that replaces it could have the same or other issues.

If I keep this one, I have a known state. The buzz is fixed, I like this particular wood grain pattern, it's playing ok, and the only wonky thing is the nut, which isn't really causing a problem with the play, and unless you're looking for it, you probably wouldn't notice.

I paid $427 for it shipped, and to get it exchanged would cost me another $100. I might be able to get the restocking waived, but then it would still be out $60 to the shipping. It doesn't seem to be a winning proposition for me, and the gain is somewhat debatable in value.

If I bought it from a local music store, it would be a much different evaluation. But my local stores don't carry higher end ukes, so I have to order. I do support my local stores when they have what I'm looking for but they can't carry everything.

Rllink
01-19-2015, 06:58 AM
Here's the thing.

If I send it back at this point, they send it to Pono, and Pono decides if it's a "flaw". If it's determined not a defect, I'll have to eat shipping ($60), and a restocking fee ($40?). John from Pono has already said I shouldn't worry about it, which means he's saying it's not a warrantied defect, so I'd be eating the shipping, and the restocking fee, and as someone pointed out in the other thread, the one that replaces it could have the same or other issues.

If I keep this one, I have a known state. The buzz is fixed, I like this particular wood grain pattern, it's playing ok, and the only wonky thing is the nut, which isn't really causing a problem with the play, and unless you're looking for it, you probably wouldn't notice.

I paid $427 for it shipped, and to get it exchanged would cost me another $100. I might be able to get the restocking waived, but then it would still be out $60 to the shipping. It doesn't seem to be a winning proposition for me, and the gain is somewhat debatable in value.

If I bought it from a local music store, it would be a much different evaluation. But my local stores don't carry higher end ukes, so I have to order. I do support my local stores when they have what I'm looking for but they can't carry everything.
It sounds like you have made your decision, and that is what it is. So good for you. I hope you enjoy your uke for a long time.

AndrewKuker
01-19-2015, 08:25 AM

The best builders use a wood glue as opposed to an epoxy because it will come off with heat or movement. Addressing the issue and re-gluing the bridge is an easy fix compared to replacing a top because it pulled the top wood off as it pulled up. I think that's all he was saying.

All non-plastic uke's are hand made. There's no Uke machine, where you push a tree in one end and it spits out a uke on the other. Human hands make Kala/Lanakai/Cordoba/etc just like on Pono's. Some steps are facilitated by jigs, molds, etc, but in the end, there's humans making these things, and not an injection machine (plastics aside.
Actually all of those brands do use an injection mold nut on almost all of their models and Pono hand makes each nut out of bone.

Ukulele Eddie
01-19-2015, 08:29 AM
Spookelele - Isn't there a guitar/string repair shop or repairman in your area? It would cost nothing to have it checked and even they they replaced the nut, it would cost you about $45. At best, it would cost you nothing and you'd have some peace of mind.

deschutestrout
01-19-2015, 08:34 AM
If I'm understanding, this, it's not the nut that's the issue. It is the odd groove the nut sits in. It is unevenly cut. And for the record, I wasn't real impressed with Pono's response either. For what they get for their ukes, I'd think they'd have higher quality standards. Curious who you got this from? Good luck.

OregonJim
01-19-2015, 08:56 AM
If I'm understanding, this, it's not the nut that's the issue. It is the odd groove the nut sits in. It is unevenly cut.

Replacing the nut includes cleaning/leveling the slot it sits in. For 40 or 50 bucks, it could be corrected. While I agree that it should not affect the playability, I would still replace the nut if it bothered me, for whatever reason. In this case, I think it would be less risky than returning it to Pono. There's nothing worse than owning an instrument you don't have confidence in, or causes doubt every time you pick it up.

spookelele
01-19-2015, 10:34 AM
Addressing the issue and re-gluing the bridge is an easy fix compared to replacing a top because it pulled the top wood off as it pulled up.

Here's my problem with that.

Say you bought a car and the wheels fell off. If the manufacturer said, well... they're designed to fall off to keep the axle from bending. Would you accept that? Or would you expect the car to be designed to keep the wheels on, and run without bending the axle?

I do not think it's unreasonable to expect a uke to be able to keep the bridge attached, and not warp/peel.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1910-Vintage-ukulele-Manuel-Nunes-Sons-Martin-Kamaka-Kumalae-/261736501305

Theres one from 1910, that has managed to keep it's top from warping, and the bridge from falling off for over 100 years. We have museums full of guitars, lutes, etc that are hundreds of years old. It's not like.. the technology to make a uke that stays together doesn't exist.

Why would you accept that an instrument is supposed to fall apart to protect itself?

spookelele
01-19-2015, 10:42 AM
Actually all of those brands do use an injection mold nut on almost all of their models and Pono hand makes each nut out of bone.

The nut isn't cut crooked. The slot it sits in is cut crooked. You can't add wood to fix it, only dig the slot deeper to even it out.
Is that the right fix? I dunno. My understanding is that that bend in the neck is the weakest part of the neck. When neck/headstocks break, that's where they fail.

I'm not sure that cutting that slot deeper is doing myself a favor.

OregonJim
01-19-2015, 10:49 AM
You can't add wood to fix it, only dig the slot deeper to even it out.

Actually, you can. But whether or not it's the right thing to do here is up to you.

AndrewKuker
01-19-2015, 11:15 AM
Why don't you send it back to me and I'll replace it for you. Call me at (808)781-9168 or email andrew@theukulelesite.com with your shipping information and we'll have a fedex label emailed to you. When we get it we will send out the new one. Both will be 2 day service so you won't be out of a uke for long.

keod
01-19-2015, 11:46 AM
Why don't you send it back to me and I'll replace it for you. Call me at (808)781-9168 or email andrew@theukulelesite.com with your shipping information and we'll have a fedex label emailed to you. When we get it we will send out the new one. Both will be 2 day service so you won't be out of a uke for long.

Continually impressed with your commitment to service Andrew. I bought an Islander Concert from HMS and, although at the bottom end of the price spectrum, your staff did a phenomenal job in set up, packing and shipping. With the shipping and Canadian exchange it was "more" than I would have paid elsewhere but worth every penny for added confidence. I wish I could afford to buy all my ukes through you :-).

spookelele
01-19-2015, 11:56 AM

Hi Andrew... I didn't buy it from HMS.
I actually looked on HMS website for this model, but it wasn't in stock/available at the time I was looking.
I'm not sure if that was clear in this post.

hawaii 50
01-19-2015, 11:58 AM
Hi Andrew... I didn't buy it from HMS.
I actually looked on HMS website for this model, but it wasn't in stock/available at the time I was looking.
I'm not sure if that was clear in this post.

at this point why don't you just call Andrew...he will do whatever it takes to help you....instead of going in circles on the UU....

spookelele
01-19-2015, 12:14 PM
at this point why don't you just call Andrew...he will do whatever it takes to help you....instead of going in circles on the UU....

I actually did email him, so he can respond when he has the time.

spookelele
01-19-2015, 03:15 PM
I'm literally stunned.
Andrew is going to take care of it for me, even though I didn't buy it from HMS.
How classy is that?

Mahalo nui loa Andrew.

PereBourik
01-19-2015, 03:25 PM
I'm literally stunned.
Andrew is going to take care of it for me, even though I didn't buy it from HMS.
How classy is that?

Mahalo nui loa Andrew.

Andrew is truly THE MAN.

Dan Uke
01-19-2015, 03:37 PM
I'm literally stunned.
How classy is that?

Mahalo nui loa Andrew.

reciprocate and buy the next uke from him!

hawaii 50
01-19-2015, 03:39 PM
I'm literally stunned.
How classy is that?

Mahalo nui loa Andrew.

IMO business as usual....:) Andrew is Da Man!

Andy Chen
01-19-2015, 04:12 PM
reciprocate and buy the next uke from him!

HMS is THE uke place. I pretty much buy only from Andrew.

Dan Uke
01-19-2015, 04:15 PM
IMO business as usual....:) Andrew is Da Man!

We gotta remember Andrew is not charity but trying to run a business to support his family. He is a good person.

deschutestrout
01-19-2015, 04:30 PM
Jeez! I'm gonna buy my next uke from Andrew! That is unreal customer service!

spookelele
01-19-2015, 04:51 PM
We gotta remember Andrew is not charity but trying to run a business to support his family. He is a good person.

I don't think it's about charity and I think you've got it backward.
I think he's a good person first, supports his family second, and runs a business third.

This is the email I sent:
-----------
Hi Andrew,

I'm not sure if it was clear in the group discussion. I bought this Pono from a different authorized Pono dealer, and not HMS. I did actually look at HMS first, but they were not available at the time.

I understand you are family with John. I was unsure if your offer was because of the misunderstanding about where I got it, or because you want to support Pono/family.

I will completely understand if it was misunderstanding and you would like to withdraw your offer. You're a businessman and I understand that this sale puts $0 in your pocket.

But If you'd be willing to exchange it for me for one that's been checked out as good, I'd be crazy to not take you up on it.

Please let me know either way.
Have a great day.
--------------------

This was his response:
--------------------------
Hi Walt,

I understood where it was bought. I always try to help people when possible and Pono is my families business. I think they have become an excellent value and will do what I can to make sure it's customer service stays top notch. So if you send over your shipping info I will send you a return label.
Aloha,

Andrew Kitakis

wayfarer75
01-20-2015, 02:48 AM
Sometimes Andrew makes offers that people can't refuse. Don't feel bad about taking him up on it.

stevepetergal
02-16-2015, 08:18 AM
Sometimes Andrew makes offers that people can't refuse. Don't feel bad about taking him up on it.

Andrew is definitely the very best. What an offer, for someone else's customer!!

But I think it's perfectly appropriate for spookelele to "feel bad" for something this insignificant". I'd be ashamed. I don't even think the word insignificant even says how meaningless this "imperfection" is.

I hope spookelele doesn't make Andrew sorry. The next one won't be absolutely perfect either.

spookelele
02-16-2015, 09:28 AM
It's your prerogative to feel what you do, and I'm sorry that what you feel a need to do is to wish bad things on people.

Your hope is granted though. Andrew does not feel sorry.
He's a better man than most of us, and an amazing one I'm glad to call a friend.

wayfarer75
02-16-2015, 10:54 AM
Andrew is definitely the very best. What an offer, for someone else's customer!!

But I think it's perfectly appropriate for spookelele to "feel bad" for something this insignificant". I'd be ashamed. I don't even think the word insignificant even says how meaningless this "imperfection" is.

I hope spookelele doesn't make Andrew sorry. The next one won't be absolutely perfect either.

Next time, hopefully spookelele will spend his money at HMS. Goodwill is very important to businesses, and Andrew certainly generated more from anyone who reads this thread.

A buyer is certainly entitled to return an instrument if dissatisfied--in spookelele's case, if I remember from his other thread, the same model wasn't in stock so an exchange wasn't possible at the original seller. Honestly, if this happened to me, the Pono would have been returned to the seller and I would not have gone through all the effort spookelele did to get the uke checked out. I wouldn't particularly want a uke with a slanted nut either; I don't return ukes for cosmetic issues, but this doesn't fall under that.

spookelele
02-16-2015, 11:47 AM
Next time, hopefully spookelele will spend his money at HMS. Goodwill is very important to businesses, and Andrew certainly generated more from anyone who reads this thread.

You don't even have to ask. :)
I think goodwill is important, not just for businesses, but for being human.
There's a chunk of the story that isn't here, and Andrew was just great about everything.
He's a truly good person, not just because it's good business, but because it's who he is.
I don't know how else to say it.

spookelele
02-16-2015, 12:07 PM
I didn't get a free uke.
I'm pretty sure I spent good honest money.
I didn't buy out of the seconds bin either.

I didn't ask for Andrew to replace it. He offered. I even offered him the opportunity to reconsider/back out without any hard feelings because it was not his business that sold it to me.

He's an amazing guy that went above and beyond because he want's people to be happy.

I'm not sure why people are hating on this. He's not unhappy with how it all worked out, I couldn't be happier or more grateful, and if this thread doesn't give you confidence to shop with HMS, nothing will.

stevepetergal
02-17-2015, 07:30 AM
...I'm sorry that what you feel a need to do is to wish bad things on people.

Please don't get me wrong. I sincerely hope the new Pono you receive is as absolutely perfect as you demand. I'm just afraid, based on your problem with this one, your standards are beyond what is possible. My concern about Andrew possibly being sorry is regarding what you may think of the next one.
I hope for the outcome to be very happy for you both.

hawaii 50
02-17-2015, 02:53 PM
I didn't get a free uke.
I'm pretty sure I spent good honest money.
I didn't buy out of the seconds bin either.

I didn't ask for Andrew to replace it. He offered. I even offered him the opportunity to reconsider/back out without any hard feelings because it was not his business that sold it to me.

He's an amazing guy that went above and beyond because he want's people to be happy.

I'm not sure why people are hating on this. He's not unhappy with how it all worked out, I couldn't be happier or more grateful, and if this thread doesn't give you confidence to shop with HMS, nothing will.

Like I said earlier..this is everyday business with Andrew..no one does what he does for honest customers....he treats you how he wants to be treated and wants you to be happy with your ukes........just don't try to take advantage of him and everything will work out..I don't know anyone better than him in the uke business....:)

and Spookele..Andrew told me what you did for him..bravo brother!

spookelele
02-17-2015, 03:20 PM
Goodwill is important for being human :)

Brenda Wong
02-17-2015, 04:21 PM
I called HMS from my home in Canada , no one answered so I didn't bother to leave a message. You can imagine my suprise when my phone rang few minutes later and it was Andrew.
How many store owner would use caller ID to return a potential customer call especially when I didn't even leave a message?
My visit to Hawaii was a bit disappointing because I did not have the previlage to meet Andrew . He was not at the store that day. I say you hit the jack pot when your thread caught Andrew attention. What a happy ending!