2015: What is on your list to calm your UAS?

sam13

Reaction score
Happy New Year all!

UAS 2015.

It didn't go away this year.

So I have been thinking of how to feed it ... and am considering my options. First up:

Pono Pro Classic Baritone RBSH C - Spruce Top

See Aaron from HMS play a holiday classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xiyMSHnZ9I&list=UUH6E4xDfxBqrkoKdAyVu2dg#t=17

LFdM Tenor

I am slotted to receive mine at the end of April. Sinker Redwood top and Black Malaysian sides and back. Sound port. Radius fret board. All the good stuff. Very pumped about it.

Possibly a Concert or Super Soprano ... I like the Pono product.

Will be calling my good friend Andrew at HMS to take care of the Pono purchases as he really takes personal pride in selecting a great instrument and his set is fabulous.

How about you?

What are you looking forward to?

Right now my UAS is being calmed by the 8 uke shelf I made that's full. So far it's been a pretty good remedy. and that I'm happy with the variety I have.

UAS - There is no cure, only treatment

I am staving off the UAS cravings by waiting on a custom build: LoPrinzi Tenor Mahogany with Gloss Sunburst finish and Ebony fretboard and bridge, with Mi-Si pickup. It's going to be a few months of waiting. In the meantime, I have plenty of nice ukuleles in my current collection to keep me occupied.

Other dreams and wishlist ukuleles for the second half of 2015 include:

A custom ukulele built by my local luthier. Perhaps a baritone scale on a larger body than a typical baritone, but still strung with non-metal strings. Maybe a cedar top with some lovely dark wood for the back and sides. I want a large, mellow, monster of a ukulele. ;)

A mango ukulele of some kind. I really like the sound of the Pono Mango baritone ukulele featured in the HMS video.
https://vimeo.com/97069535

A tenor sized Cocobolo ukulele. I already have one of their solid Cocobolo concerts and it's pretty nice and starting to open up a bit. I have it strung Low G and the sound is very deep for a concert. The additional room on the fretboard and the usually fuller sound of a tenor size would be nice.

Disclaimer: My wishlist is subject to change abruptly and with no prior warning, depending on what ukulele opportunities present themselves.

Les Stansell tenor walnut with myrtle fretboard, bridge, and binding.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Stansellguitars.com

That will be late February. I should get my name called for my official mya moe waiting list maybe November/December. I am sure there will be another covered bridge tenor in there as well.

I'm hoping for some sort of upgrade to my concert Kala solid spruce top, flamed maple. Considering a Pono MC, or a KoAloha Opio ... or another Mainland, which is more of a lateral move (I wish Mainland would present a higher end Koa or something, I LOVE their stuff, and their small town service). Keeping my eye on the UU Marketplace and hoping something I want within my budget shows up :)

outdoor.jpg

Outdoor transparent uke! hehe Like the old video game... I've got to get to Oregon! hehe

Petey

My Mya-Moe sycamore concert Cascade series pineapple should be arriving in late March. The build begins one month from today.

I'm going to try playing more, looking less to curb my UAS. I have a problem getting rid of things so the collection will only grow.

I'm done with UAS. I have all I want.

All right, who am I kidding?

1. Moore Bettah
2. Kamaka HF-3 Deluxe
3. Custom Boat Paddle ML Tenor (should Jerry ever decide to do customs again)
4. Koaloha Black Label Solid Body Tenor

Two customs... both top secret for now... :)

Nothin' like living in a 250 square foot house to keep one's UAS (and every other acquisition syndrome) in check. That being said, if a National resonator style 0 or 2 came my way, I'd manage to make room for it...

What's on my list is to go out and make a grand that I don't need for anything else....then it's new uke time!

I'm going to try playing more, looking less to curb my UAS. I have a problem getting rid of things so the collection will only grow.

Nothing specific yet, but always looking. I want to learn more about some of the popular models around here, such as Covered Bridge, Kamaka, Collings, Loprinzi, Barron River, Blackbird, Kepasa, Glyph, GString, etc and maybe some I have never heard of.

Oh, yes and getting in a little playing as well. Well put, Inksplosive AL.

I will call this my WANT list. Some are going to happen others are just a burning desire that may or may not materialize.

LFfdM spruce/amazon rosewood back fully decked out

Ono 16" concert Port Orford cedar and curly claro walnut back

Either a Kinnard or Covered Bridge tenor, redwood top and either myrtle, walnut or cocobolo back

Larrivee tenor, spruce and mahogany or spruce and koa if that is an option

Pono pro classic baritone spruce rosewood

There are others of interest but these are what I am lusting after at the moment.

Last edited:
Top Bottom