Greetings from Atlanta, GA

UkeSteve

Reaction score
Hello! UkeSteve here... from Atlanta, GA! I bought my first ukulele on vacation last October when I was in the Smokey Mountains. It was a cheap Diamond Head Tenor and I knew nothing about them. I used to play guitar and it seemed like an easy way to strum some chords. Little did I know that I was being infected with UAS. I now own 4 ukes and can't put any of them down! I'm thinking about building one just for fun. I'm interested in learning techniques and theory from you all and also any luthier related stuff I can pickup as well. Looking forward to engaging with you!

Greetings and welcome. You have come to the right Place. When and if you get ready to explore other ukes, you can run up to Uke Republic and try out a whole bunch. Bound to find something you love in your price range http://www.ukerepublic.com/

Welcome, fellow Southerner!

Hi Steve. Welcome.

uke.li url shortener

Hi Steve,

I tried using your url shortener at http://www.uke.li/ :)

Great idea! The only thing that is tricky is that the shortened url is generated in a way that it is impossible to select for copying and pasting. Is it possible for you to change the way the url shortener works so that it generates the short url in plain text?

Best wishes,

Hi Steve and welcome from another Atlanta "area" UU member! I'm another who will HIGHLY recommend Uke Republic. Mike and Donna are fantastic and the shop has everything from Kala to Koaloha. They were very helpful with replacing a saddle and string suggestions on my tenor and soprano. They will fill ya in on uke jams in the area as well.

Sorry to get back to you so late, but I'm just now seeing this. Yes, I will take a look at it and see if I can come up with something that will work better in that regard. Hope you liked it!

Steve

uke.li url shortener

I think that it is a great idea, Steve! :)

I couldn't find the thread where you mentioned it on UU, so apologies for butting in to your introduction thread.

Best wishes,
Liz

Top Bottom