NUD: Moore Bettah Day for me!

Rakelele

Reaction score
I am very excited to share my NUD with you. It took a while to get one, but now my Moore Bettah is here and I love everything about it.

It plays so comfortable and sounds very rich and clear. I love how all edges have been smoothened with ebony binding and black/white purfling, even the soundhole, the sideport, the headstock, and the fingerboard. The wave theme of the Abalone logo is beautifully picked up by the wave line on the headstock and at the end of the fretboard, which perfectly aligns with the purfling of the rosette on the left and the binding of the soundhole on the right. It's those little details that tell you how much thought and knowledge have flown into its design and execution. Thanks to Chuck Moore for building such an amazing instrument!

I could only take a quick snapshot that gives you no idea of how sparkly that tiger-striped Koa and that Abalone shine when you look at it from different angles.

MB_1503.jpg

It's a beauty. Welcome to the family!

Aloha Rainer..You got lucky....:)
I hope you enjoy your new MB like we all do.......

Chuck used some special Koa for yours....wow!

Congratulations and welcome to the MB family! To me, it is the pinnacle of ukuleles. However, I do have bad news for you- It doesn't seem to cure UAS! Congratulations again and get back to playing it. we expect a sound sample and/or video soon!

My UAS is stable; but I do believe it would be CURED with my Moore Bettah. I'm with Sukie. I have been lucky enough to play a few of them over the past few years, and they are exceptional. Congratulations on your new arrival!

A timeless beauty. Some really lovely Koa there! Will be interesting to hear how you compare to your LFdM after you've had it a while. Enjoy!!!

Sukie, yours is the only case of UAS that I am aware was cured by a MB. Many of us still suffer, so I am going with "coincidence." :)

Could be.
When I played the flute -- I had one. When I played clarinet -- I had one. When I played bassoon -- I used only one (not that there was any choice). I sold my KoAloha when I got my MB because I knew I would never play it.
What can I say?
I do not, however, begrudge people having UAS. I just don't understand it.

Thanks Rainer & welcome to the club.
"I love how all edges have been smoothened with ebony binding and black/white purfling".
This is an important feature to me. It's important that an instrument feels good in your hands when playing it and the generous radiused binding edges and corners I employ add to that experience. You'll find no sharp corners or edges on my ukes.
Glad to have another MBU is Switzerland! Enjoy.

Attachments

• 1503 copy.jpg
    1503 copy.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 72
Gorgeous uke! Congrats!

Another beautiful Moore Bettah with a distinctive style. Congratulations! It'll just keep sounding better and better.

Very pretty uke! Congratulations!

That's awesome Rakelele! I probably already have more Ukes than I need but I still would love to be lucky enough to get a MB some day. If I ever do, I'm pretty sure I'll have all I need at that point! Beautiful uke!

Top Bottom