Testing Focusrite iTrack Pocket, Acoustic - Prayer In C - Take On Me - Ukulele

I almost bought one of these myself (but went for the Apogee MIC instead).

Sounds and looks good, with just enough reverb to give some ambience.

Thanks for sharing! :)

Like booli I have an Apogee MiC and I think the sound quality is probably superior to this device BUT. With the iTrack you get both stereo mic and a DI for your instrument to run through effects. being able to record both ambient vocals and the instrument plugged in is compelling to me. A comparable 2 input DI like the Scarlett is going to be more expensive and less portable. I'm tempted....

Like booli I have an Apogee MiC and I think the sound quality is probably superior to this device BUT. With the iTrack you get both stereo mic and a DI for your instrument to run through effects. being able to record both ambient vocals and the instrument plugged in is compelling to me. A comparable 2 input DI like the Scarlett is going to be more expensive and less portable. I'm tempted....

Yea, what pushed me over the edge, was a link kindly provided by a certain fellow UU brother to the Apogee Black Friday sale. (THANKS btw - :) - librainian you are AWEsome for finding and sharing that link!)

I grabbed both the Apogee MIC and Apogee JAM after doing tons of research (I was at first set on getting the Apogee ONE, but dislike OMNI-directional mics and have big issues with background noise). I wanted one of these for the longest time and know Apogee to be very high-end from past experiences.

Focusrite aint no slouch either, and their preamps and AD/DA converters are licensed by & used in gear by MANY other manufacturers. Focusrite is highly regarded as a maker of top-notch gear.

The iTrack Solo is great for the simultaneous 2-input thing, but all my iOS devices are still 30-pin and older and until one of them dies, I wont be replacing them, or buying hardware that is lightning connector-only. Thankfully Apogee sells different cables that you can go 30-pin for older iOS devices OR lightning for newer iOS devices...

I can also certify that both the Jam and MIC work, without drivers, and without any issues completely flawlessly on Linux going into Audacity, which parallels my testing of them in various music apps on OSX Mavericks.

I should also note that the Focusrite iTrack solo program, which is free on the app store, works fine with other audio input devices on iOS, and the nice thing is that it shows you a VU meter of the audio levels when recording, so you can monitor visually, without wearing headphones, just in case you dont want to be seen with headphones on in your video...many video recording apps lack audio meters, notable exceptions are MoviePro and FilMicPro, but in each you have to go into the settings and TURN ON the function to display the audio meters...

Good stuff :)

Top Bottom