Recording King Metal Resonator

Paul December

Reaction score
Anyone ever play one?
Does it have a real resonator in it?
The only review I could find was on Amazon, and the buyer complained it wasn't any louder than a regular Uke, and had terrible intonation.

Attachments

• 0f79_1.JPG
    0f79_1.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 28
I actually almost bought one. I opted for a Kala baritone, though, so I can't help you there.

Do a youtube search; that should help you get an idea. It's easier to trust one's ears than another's words. :cool:

It does have a resonator. I haven't played one, but I have tested 3 or 4 Recording King guitars, and found them generally good.

Has anyone else gotten this? I'm considering getting it for Christmas, but there are no reviews, and I can't find many youtube videos featuring it.

I had a Johnson reso uke for a while. Recording King, and Republic are pretty much the same instrument. They're loud and brash and intonation is adjustable as the cone/biscuit can move or rotate. I strung mine lefty. Ultimately I preferred the sound of a wooden uke and bought an old Martin style 0. The reso is nice with other instruments however, it cuts really well. Pretty heavy though, you'd have to play sitting down or put and endpin in for a strap.

LOVE my Recording King Resonator. Ordered it off of Amazon and I couldn't be more pleased with it. It does have a real cone/resonator in it and amplifies wonderfully! I really like the tone, although some might say it has a "twang". (By some I mean my hubby :) )

Feel free to check out a couple of my vids with the resonator uke:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDcDOX5HT4k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1-FndcmPpE - You can hear the uke really well in this one, but beware of the explicit language on this cover - I drop the f-bomb a couple times and I don't want to offend!

Kendra, had to join the Forum just to tell you how much I enjoyed the "creep" song. I guess I've heard it before, but you just put it out there with such style!
I'm trying to decide between a resonator and a banjolele. Tough decision! Your song sort of swayed me. I have two Bushman ukes, a tenor and a bariton. Love 'em.

Top Bottom