James Hill and Ann Rocks it...

Great tune. James like Jake takes the uke into uncharted territory. I would love to hear him live. He doesn't seem to come to the lower 48 very often.
There is a series of videos on youtube of James and Ann playing with Jake at a festival in Winnipeg last summer. Nice to see these two giants sharing the stage. No ego involved, just two wonderful musicians. I've met Jake numerous times and he's a nice, humble individual. James seems to be very much the same type of guy.

I think James and Anne are great people and terrific musicians. I did a workshop and attended their concert a couple of years ago. But frankly I don't care for his move to vocals.

Nice to see these two giants sharing the stage. No ego involved, just two wonderful musicians

No offense intended, but "giant" is a pretty relative term here. I don't think that either of these fine gentlemen would really consider themselves "giants" in the grand scheme... even if Jake was in Rolling Stone. They are what they are - two great musicians working hard to make a living from the thing they love.

That being said... This is a very fun tune. I think that a James made a good choice in adding his voice to the mix. Pure vurtuosity gets boring real fast (Does the world really need an ever faster version of Flight of the Bumblebee?) - but nothing beats the human voice in connecting with your audience.

Last edited:
Top Bottom