My Lanikai CK-C

uke201

Reaction score
It sounds fine when I'm playing alone or with one to two others. If I'm with a larger group the sound gets quite lost. I have a friend with different Lanikai concert and it sounds so much louder. What do you know?

I have Two Lanikai ukuleles. LU21T and CK-TEQ and I can say that LU21T is much louder than CK-TEQ (of course when playing acoustic) but it has less sustain. The sound from my CK-TEQ is more mellow and not so loud.
So it can be the matter of wood, and maybe also the matter of strings.
Putting on aquila strings will sure help you make your instrument louder.

It sounds fine when I'm playing alone or with one to two others. If I'm with a larger group the sound gets quite lost. I have a friend with different Lanikai concert and it sounds so much louder. What do you know?

I have the same uke and haven't erally really notice that, but I don't often play with more than one person. What kind of Lanikai does your friend have? What wood and strings does he have on there? Do you have the standard GHS strings on yours or something else?

Also what other instruments are playing along when the sound dies out? The uke isn't the loudest of instruments at the best of times!

there are about ten of us play uke together with lots of singing and lots of fun. some of the people i play with tell me the sound is soft but i'm beginning to think it's the way i play it. also i don't know what strings are on there. they're the original ones that came with the instrument. i've looked for new strings but they have no variety to choose from here. ukes are just beginning to impact. maybe i'll look for those strings you mentioned online instead.

thanks

I have the same uke and haven't erally really notice that, but I don't often play with more than one person. What kind of Lanikai does your friend have? What wood and strings does he have on there? Do you have the standard GHS strings on yours or something else?

Also what other instruments are playing along when the sound dies out? The uke isn't the loudest of instruments at the best of times!

i don't know what her uke is exactly apart from the fact it's a lanikai and is slightly bigger than mine though still a concert. it's also a darker wood. i'll find out. we all play ukuleles in the group and there's only one tenor. most are soprano's and a few concerts. i'm thinking about buying a good soprano as i'm teaching myself 'crazy g' and find it easier on the smaller uke. that's if i can find a good one. not much to choose from.

Top Bottom