Double Tenor case or gig bag??

pgoltz

Reaction score
Anyone have information on who makes or sells a double tenor hard case or gig bag? It looks like Kala and Gretsch make one, but does anyone else?

I got one from Elderly last year by Steady for $90 US. Then I had backpack straps and an additional front pouch added for $60 by a tailor near where I play with the CC Strummers. In the second uke compartment I keep my Cordoba music stand, eNueNue Orcas Clip Hanger and a 13.3" Hannspree Android tablet. I can even fit a small Chinese made 5 watt amp when I need to.

dual bag both.jpg

Gretch makes them, may be a better deal, comes with straps, small triple pouches in front. Good padding & outside fabric-tough. Got a TENOR one a week ago from Sweetwater store-$55 free ship
I also have a double Steady CONCERT bag

Wow the Gretch bag looks good. I can carry a tenor with low G and also my high g concert, or one uke and whatever accessories I need. And the straps are important to me. Looks like the large Phitz case is going back.
Steady case, by the way, is still my all time favorite for a single uke. Of course it depends what your needs are.

www.anuenue-uke.com/en/ukulele/one/29/87

I use the one from Anuenue, the double delux bag for 2 tenors. It is quite protective with thick padding and fit almost size of tenor ukes (easily fit 2 Pono slotted headstock ukes). Has decent shoulder straps and handles. Maybe a little bit large in footprint but definitely a very good bag.

Last edited:
I can vouch for the Gretsch, it's a great little bag and I believe it comes in a concert size too.

Just got my Ohana bag from Uke Republic using part of my gift certificate. It is almost perfect (perfect would be backpack straps like the Steady case and not so huge of Ohana branding. Picky, I know) and I love it! Fits two ukes up to tenor size without being too bulky and gives as much protection as I'd need. Looks like I can get my music folder in there too as long I I use a soft sided one.

Thanks again Mike!

Hi Steel Rider, I did not see the Ohana double gig bag listed on the Uke Republic website. Did I miss it or is it not listed on there?

If it does not have backpack straps, what does it have? Is it double straps like a backpack still, but just not padded straps? Thanks.

Top Bottom