NUD Beau Hannam Player Model

uottah

Reaction score
10 months and 10 days wait and it arrived at 10 am – there's a message there somewhere

This is an all Tasmanian Blackwood Player model. Beau's Player model has the cosmetic niceties left off to keep the price more economical. I did upgrade to a custom rosette and end graft, had him add a side sound port as well as the hand rubbed sunburst. The tone and playability of this instrument is excellent. The burst is amazing to look at in direct sunlight- it just lights up- my first solar powered uke!

There are minor imperfections in the finish (some 1200 grit scratches, and some finish shrink back into the grain), but I knew going in that it would not be a mirror finish. Along with no binding, the finish quality is how Beau is able to keep the players model at half the price of his high end ukes. A perfect mirror finish is available as an upgrade though (http://www.beauhannamguitars.com/Sunburst-Players-Ukulele.html)

What I was looking for in this uke was a primo sounding/playing uke from a custom builder that was not so expensive that I would be afraid to leave the house with it. This uke fits the bill completely for me. Beau was a pleasure to work with and it is fun to follow his antics and builds progress on his face book page.

Attachments

• IMG_9968.jpg
    IMG_9968.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_9800.jpg
    IMG_9800.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 94
  • Hand rubbed sunburst players model.jpg
    Hand rubbed sunburst players model.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 102
  • sunburst rosette.jpg
    sunburst rosette.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 81
Beau's works is so clean and precise. I love it. Congrats on your player.

That's the "lower end" players model? Geez that thing is beautiful. His ornamentations are so striking.

Nice! I'm on the list for a Player's Model baritone as of last week. Will decide closer to the completion date if I want to upgrade the finish or not...

That is really a very beautiful uke, as others have pointed out, "players model" or not.

I have been trying to convince myself that I have more than enough ukuleles, but Beau Hannam's redwood and Tasmainian Blackwood Uke as demonstrated by Corey from HMS weakens my resolve.

Thanks for the lovely review and thank you everyone for you nice comments.

Once I fork out the $700 for a new buffer later this year, it will be alot easier for me to make my Not so perfect mirror finish, pretty darn good looking- this was buffed by hand, which is a great way to start hating luthiery! hahahha

My future baby- http://www.stewmac.com/Luthier_Tool...ng/StewMac_Guitar_Buffer_Complete_Outfit.html

Beau is one talented Lutier with a Green Card!

Also pretty hilarious to follow on FB.

Congrats to buyer and luthier.

Congratulations! One of the best looking ukes I have ever seen. Beau has a really cool and unique artistic style. After seeing this and the video of Corey playing the redwood topped one I am smitten. Just trying to figure out how many years I will have to save up and how many semi-vestigial organs (do we really need TWO lungs?) I will need to sell to get my hands on one. Enjoy it.

Last edited:
Beautiful! I have never seen a sunburst that I like. Until now. Great job Beau! Congratulations OP on the new uke!

Top Bottom