Question about Martin 2 series soprano ukuleles

Brian W

Reaction score
I noticed that the 2 series sopranos are no longer listed on Martin's website, however the concert and tenor sizes are still available. Does anyone know if Martin discontinued the soprano size in that series, or is it just a mistake on their webpage? I am primarily a soprano player and hope that Martin is not planning to abandon that model.

Last edited:
I noticed that the 2 series sopranos are no longer listed on Martin's website, however the concert and tenor sizes are still available. Does anyone know if Martin discontinued the soprano size in that series, or is it just a mistake on their webpage? I am primarily a soprano player and hope that Martin is not planning to abandon that model.

I don't think it's a mistake that Martin has discontinued the 2 and 3 style sopranos (except for the Cherry 3 Style). The 2Ms suddenly appeared in two local stores here in Seattle that feels like an inventory clearance.

However, the best thing to do if you really want to know is to just call Martin customer service and ask.

I just called Martin customer service to ask why the S2 model is not listed on their website. The customer service rep. that I spoke to was very nice, but unfortunately uninformed; he told me that, as a rule, the company does not tell their customer service employees when a model is to be removed from their line-up, the reason why it is being discontinued, or if there will be a future replacement for it. Basically, they know as much as us. Pretty sad! My guess is that soprano sizes are just not that popular with ukulele players, most of which prefer a tenor or sometimes even a concert size--a supply vs. demand issue. Just a guess on my part, though. I suppose, in the future, if I want a Martin style 2 mahogany soprano, I will have to have it either custom built by a quality luthier or search for a vintage one.

Last edited:
Brian,

I'm sorry I don't have the answer, but I know someone who will. Not only that but he will have the BEST price on a new Martin. Guaranteed. I got my 3k from him. It's Maury's Music.

www.maurysmusi.com

Call or email, they will answer and tell you. IF Martin is still making them, Maury gets AMAZING prices.

Good luck, let us know what you find out,

Scott

2016 is Martin's 100th anniversary in making ukuleles . I think they are gearing up for something special for the event.

If you look around you can still find them. I bought one about a week ago.

2016 is Martin's 100th anniversary in making ukuleles . I think they are gearing up for something special for the event.

New Series 100 ?

Petey

I have an as-new Martin 3 Cherry that I'm selling as well. PM if interested. Planning to offer it at an upcoming 'uke festival. If it doesn't sell there was going to list in the Marketplace here.

Top Bottom