Has anyone taken apart their Uke Crazy case to reinforce the handle screws?

kmac66

Reaction score
Hey folks.

Has anyone taken apart their Uke Crazy case to reinforce the handle screws?

If so, how'd you do it?

One of mine stripped out this morning. I can't believe how short the machine screw the use is.

Thanks.

Mine, a tenor case, stripped out within 2 days of purchase. Total piece of crap. I tried a bigger screw, filling the existing hole with glue. That resulted in gluing the screw to the canvas case. It was more secure than the screw. My best solution was to replace it with a case that was made to carry a ukulele, and not a case that was made to be cheap.

I hate the Uke Crazy cases so much I don't even want one around to clutter our landfill. Send it to someone else.

If you do try to use a screw that threads into a nut, please note that it must all fit within the foam area of the case. If it protrudes it will damage your ukulele. I really did think of fixing it but it was really not worth the effort.

The UU Store sells an Attitude brand padded gig bag that is pretty good. Otherwise get a real case to hold your real instrument.

Have you contacted the seller for a replacement? Yours may be defective? I have three of them that are years old and are still solid. I just tried pulling on the handle of one, I don't think I could tear it out if I tried!

Have you contacted the seller for a replacement? Yours may be defective? I have three of them that are years old and are still solid. I just tried pulling on the handle of one, I don't think I could tear it out if I tried!

Not my experience. I've redone the handle on mine with fatter screws (which have since pulled out), re-glued the Velcro strap for the uke neck, and I gave up and got a real case when the zipper came apart. The zipper was my fault because I didn't get it all the way open before attempting to open the case, so maybe it's just me...

I tried gluing, too, then I got a new case when that didn't work anymore. If you don't plan on actually using the handle, they are fine. Otherwise, spend the money on something sturdier.

Since it was the end of the handle that's up near he storage compartment I was able to run a screw all the way through. Since the nut is in the compartment it won't scratch the uke. But next time I'll buy something better made.

Top Bottom