WTB: Mid to Higher Quality (Long Neck) Super Concert

rappsy

Reaction score
I decided to take a few lessons with a local performer and he suggested I look into a tenor scale as he thought my fingers were getting cramped on the concert scale, so I have decided to try a longneck (super) concert.

My favorite Uke so far is the KoAloha concert because of it's extremely thin neck and thin lower bout, so I am interested in that one except with the concert body and tenor neck. I really don't want a full tenor.

I am also open to other suggestions that have a thin neck and body. PM me with what you have available or make suggestions here.

I don't mind spending if it is the right Uke. If it doesn't work for me, back it goes for sale.

WHATCHA GOT?

Thanks in advance.

The Islander by Kanilea tenor ukes have a smaller than usual body for a tenor and the width of the neck at the nut is 1.5" which helps fingering. Available in laminate as well as solid woods.
Stu

You say you don't mind "spending if the ukulele is right". I don't think there's a more "right" choice than the Koaloha KCM-02, unless you order a custom.

and the flea and fluke both come with tenor neck options. Unfortunately they get a bit pricey as you add stuff like normal frets, etc.

You say you don't mind "spending if the ukulele is right". I don't think there's a more "right" choice than the Koaloha KCM-02, unless you order a custom. etc.

This is definitely one I am considering as I already have the KCM-00 and love it. Thanks for all the suggestions.

This is definitely one I am considering as I already have the KCM-00 and love it. Thanks for all the suggestions.

I know your Koaloha concert is your favourite sounding uke of all the ones of have bought and sold. If the move to a super concert is just for the longer fret board then you can't go wrong with something you already love the sound of.

and the flea and fluke both come with tenor neck options. Unfortunately they get a bit pricey as you add stuff like normal frets, etc.

I'm quite fond of my concert flea - and I've owned a Firefly (the banjo version) with the wood fretboard. I prefer the plastic fretboard, and if you want to save some dollars, getting a second directly from Magic Fluke is a pretty good deal.

For the depth of sound, louder volume, and ease of holding and lap-resting, a tenor necked-tenor body is hard to beat. ;).

I've got what you need, KoAloha Super Concert with a Gold Ameritage case. The uke is a 2009 model that I bought new from MGM and the case was bought from Wicked Wahine ll. Both are in excellent condition. I believe I sold you a Fluke concert not too long ago. Send me your email addy if you want to see pictures.

Jude

Whoa! There ya go Rappsy!

I've got what you need, KoAloha Super Concert with a Gold Ameritage case. The uke is a 2009 model that I bought new from MGM and the case was bought from Wicked Wahine ll. Both are in excellent condition. I believe I sold you a Fluke concert not too long ago. Send me your email addy if you want to see pictures.

Jude

I would agree on the Pineapple Sunday as far as tenor neck and concert sound with added coolness of the pineapple.

you should look into the Koaloha Sceptre or pineapple sunday. tenor neck but a concert size body almost.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Leaning towards a KoAloha KCM-02 Long Neck, (PM me if you have one available) since I have the regular concert version and love it, but have not decided yet. The Pineapple and the Sceptre probably will be in my future, but for now, I am looking more for a concert sound, and I understand from some reading that these two give more of a soprano sound.

Keep those suggestions coming, and if anyone wants to re home something of theirs, PM me.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom