My Kamaka Slotted Head will be here next week!

DannyPham

Reaction score
Tekla sent me some pictures before it got sent out, and I'll be sure to take some more and put them here :)

Attachments

• DSC09364.jpg
    DSC09364.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 297
  • DSC09365.jpg
    DSC09365.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 332
The extra cost for slotted head was?
I ordered my Kamaka last year and slotted head wasn't available that time.

Beautiful slotted headstock Kamaka.

What is the fretboard inlay?

It looks nice, but I can't fully make it out.

Congratulations! Too bad they couldn't have chosen some koa with a little curl in it! The slothead looks great.

Beautiful ukulele. Congratulations. I love the slot head look. HMS did a first day NAMM review and looks like Kamaka will be offering slot head option. Very nice.

brag, brag, brag...;-D

Congrats! That looks very nice. But tell me, how do you get one of those when it says right on Kamaka's website that they aren't taking special orders, including orders for slotted headstocks? I know that notice has been up on their website for months. What's your secret? :D

awesome looking. Congrats

I ever hearded that Kamaka's slot head model should be released on May, 2015.
Is your Kamaka customed model? How about the extra cost for it ?
The inlay is beautiful. :drool:

Last edited:
Hey guys, just thought I should answer some questions.
The extra cost for slotted head was?
I ordered my Kamaka last year and slotted head wasn't available that time.
The slotted head was $400, but I'm not sure if there will be the standalone upgrade available as the slotted head will be only part of the package deal that's being released in May which runs about $2800.
Beautiful slotted headstock Kamaka.

What is the fretboard inlay?

It looks nice, but I can't fully make it out.
The fretboard inlay is a design of my initials, and I don't have a clear picture of it yet but I will post it when I get it in a few days :)
Congrats! That looks very nice. But tell me, how do you get one of those when it says right on Kamaka's website that they aren't taking special orders, including orders for slotted headstocks? I know that notice has been up on their website for months. What's your secret? :D
I ever hearded that Kamaka's slot head model should be release on May, 2015.
Is your Kamaka customed model? How about the extra cost for it ?
The inlay is beautiful. :drool:
Kamaka is still accepting special orders, I believe that you're just reading it wrong haha. I don't have a secret! Okay essentially I bought a Kamaka special a couple years ago, and a few months after having it there was a crack in it so I sent it back and the Kamaka family actually told me that the crack was due to a fault in the grain of the wood so Casey was deciding on whether to fix it or build me a new ukulele (I can't believe building a new one is less work than fixing it) but while Tekla was telling me this I was like 'Hey am I allowed to add stuff that I wasn't able to afford when I first ordered it? Maybe better wood, an inlay...slotted head? Nah haha just kidding haha but if that's possible that would be amazing' and I honestly don't remember how it played out but it was a month before Namm 2014 where Kamaka said they were working on the slotted head, and Tekla told me that so I said I'll just wait for the slotted head to be available then because I wouldn't have enough money for a while to afford a completely new ukulele (I only had to pay anything extra I added on this second ukulele) and she said that would be okay. It's weird because they told me it was going to be available mid year of 2014, but that was completely wrong haha. It's a lot of work for them to add features like this so I understand. But around November is when they started building my slotted head, and they finished it last week and shipping it to me even though it's not available to the public yet. Why? I think they just felt bad for me because I waited a few months for my first ukulele, and only had it for a couple months before having to return it and waiting close to 1.5 years for it haha. Basically my secret is...dumb luck haha. This ukulele isn't a custom, just a special that I got lucky with. I'm truly blessed for this opportunity though. I love Kamaka :) they're a great company.

Congratulations!!! Sweet looking Kamaka!! Looking forward to the pictures when you get it.

That's the story behind. so cool! a rebirth KK Tenor
Benny from FB

Top Bottom