so i think ive finally decided

NukeDOC

Retired Mod
Reaction score
after my inquiry about finding a uke with certain aspects, and doing my own research, i think ive found a uke that is very fitting.

Kala KA-K6E
http://www.ukuleleworld2.com/product.php?productid=559&cat=88&page=2

after i recieved my lanikai 6 string, i fell in love with the variation. so im sticking with it. this kala looks like it has everything i want. slotted (classical style) headstock, cutaway body, koa, tenor, electronics, and 6 string all for what im estimating to be about $400 shipped.

apparently the guy that started kala used to work for lanikai then started his own company. so i would guess that the quality would be along the same lines as lanikai... maybe better?

who here plays a kala? how do you like it? any complaints? is $400 a decent price considering what im looking for and what im getting?

im kinda cheap. i have trouble spending $400 on a full on guitar. now im about to drop that on a uke. so its kind of a big step for me.

how funny, i just got a Lanikai, i was thinking about getting a kala to just add to the collection

Kala really seems to be getting popular. I know Aaron and Aldrine met with the Mike Upton, the founder of the company. I'm thinking about getting a Kala too now that all of you guys have em.

hahaha

update on the kala ka-k4e:
destroyed the shadow pickup in it (not that i liked them anyway).
traded bugoy for an ovation guitar that he wanted to get rid of.
ripped the bushman pickup out of my brother's other uke and installed it into the kala.

update on my ukulele playing:
since im always playing the uke with the band, i rarely get to do anything with the guitar. i know i suck at the guitar, but everytime i get the urge to do a new vid, i end up gravitating toward it.

Top Bottom