Help, I just got double hole koa tenor built by Keoki's custom ukuleles/ George Farr

toddir58

Reaction score
can anyone give me some info on these ukes and the builder....It is a beautiful solid hawaiian koa tenor with double sound holes, like the maui mele ukes,only a little smaller sized holes....The inside label is an oval about 1 1/2" with a gold center and a black border...the border says Keoki's Custom Ukuleles, and the gold center has the name George Farr, with an 808 phone # that is no ;longer in service,and also an 808 pager #...that is how old the uke is...who uses pagers any more ...LOL....I have googled and found nothing..nada..zip...zero info,so i am turning to the masses for their knowledge...mahalo

pics of label and uke

can anyone give me some info on these ukes and the builder....It is a beautiful solid hawaiian koa tenor with double sound holes, like the maui mele ukes,only a little smaller sized holes....The inside label is an oval about 1 1/2" with a gold center and a black border...the border says Keoki's Custom Ukuleles, and the gold center has the name George Farr, with an 808 phone # that is no ;longer in service,and also an 808 pager #...that is how old the uke is...who uses pagers any more ...LOL....I have googled and found nothing..nada..zip...zero info,so i am turning to the masses for their knowledge...mahalo

IMAG1134.jpgIMAG1135 (1).jpg

I've never seen one of these, or heard of them, but congratulations anyhow!

Just gotta find another lutiher that knows or knew him. There alot of builders in hawaii thats not mainstream.. try asking the hawaii ukulele.guild if he was a member.

Keoki was a builder back then building in Haleiwa back then, not sure if he is still making ukes...
Keoki’s Custom Ukulele’s, here was his latest telephone number

Keoki’s Custom Ukulele’s

Haliewa, **Hawaii
**USA
808.549-7998 pager

A disciple of Sonny D perhaps?

A disciple of Sonny D perhaps?

i just wanted to say a big mahalo and thanks to all of you that responded,tomorrow i am going to try to reach one of the old timers at hawaii music since that is their part of the island (haleiwa )...maybe they can add more info.....this is a better mystery than an agatha christie or hercule poirot pbs mini series show.....

Top Bottom