Day 2 at Namm

hawaii 50

Reaction score
Thanks so much to the whole HMS gang for doing these reports. It really helps to see what's happening in the ukulele world. Special thanks for all the delicious sound samples
Cliff

I'm going to have to drag myself to NAMM, one of these days.

Abe Lagrimas is killin' it with that saxophonist.

Going back to Day 1... I may have to call dibs on one of those D'Angelico ukes that Andrew snagged. I would prefer a longer scale, but look at those things...

NAMM would be a blast. For sure. His it open to the public? Can anyone buy stuff at it or is it a vendor show only?

NAMM stands for the National Association of Music Merchants. It's supposed to be for NAMM members only which include commercial companies, distributors, affiliates and manufacturers. Apparently there are other ways to get in though.

Most all trade shows are "industry" only. On the other hand, I've never had any trouble figuring out a way into any I've wanted to addend. Just takes a little effort.

That said, I generally dislike trade shows. Much happier to just read the reports.

Nice report. Between Andrew's NAMM videos and the HI Sessions videos I've been watching, I feel like giving up. There's SO many incredible ukulele players out there! :bowdown:

I was there today (Sunday) and everyone had to show their registration pass and their ID.

They were still checking badges on Sunday and turning people away who thought it was open to the public..

NAMM stands for the National Association of Music Merchants. It's supposed to be for NAMM members only which include commercial companies, distributors, affiliates and manufacturers. Apparently there are other ways to get in though.

It's really quite simple; you just need to know someone that is a NAMM member to get a pass.

They were still checking badges on Sunday and turning people away who thought it was open to the public..

They are working hard to bring it back to the original intent of the show; a way for dealers to meet with manufacturers and conduct business. It's gotten far away from that, with many companies - large ones - threatening to pull their booths because hardly anyone recoups anything close to the cost of that show.

Top Bottom