A song for my friend Ukuleledaveey

GinnyT11

Reaction score
My UU friend Ukuleledaveey is a special guy. His very kind comments on my early Seasons videos (in 2012) encouraged me enormously. After several such comments, I wrote him to say how much they meant to me, and we’ve been exchanging PMs about uking and life at intervals ever since.

We in the Seasons joke about him being the Attic Man because he records his videos there. I wrote new lyrics for this tribute song to him, which I'm playing at the door to my own attic.

I hope, Dave, that you will accept this in the appreciative spirit that it’s offered. (And, oh, how I wish I could play it as well as it sounds in my head!)

I loved this, Ginny!
its so clever and caring and beautifully performed.
I let out a huge involuntary guffaw at one point and frightened the pets.

Thanks, Cam. Dave is a great bloke. He posts a lot in Seasons of the Ukulele.

Thank you, Alan, but please apologize to your pets—you want them to keep hanging out with you in your basement studio. :)

"Playin' on my uke up here alone" - inspired lyrics, Ginny. You know, I always wondered where he did his songs. Didn't realize he was doing them from his attic. You are both great!

How fun! Nicely done!

Thank you, Dave, Fred and Eddie, for your generous comments.

I'm pleased about the video, but it's because my song made you think well of Daveey, which is what I wanted.

I love this Ginny! So witty - what a lovely thing to do! And well played and sung, I was well impressed! It was Daveey who told me about the Seasons and encouraged me to take part when I first joined the forum. Here's one to Daveey and to you!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Lesley, I agree with how encouraging Daveey is. After I had done 6-8 videos—all with great performance anxiety—he commented "You're getting better before our eyes," and I nearly wept from the kindness of it.

ohhhh Ginny your way to kind (im blushing terribly) thanks so much from the bottom of my heart, and thanks for your wonderful and beautiful friendship, im not very good at taking praise i struggle with it**but honestly i am very touched, thank you and i will get involved in the Dave thread , will shoot you a pm when i get a chance, as ever love to you over there, you really are a wonderful person, and your a fab uker and singer and have excellent prescence in your videos , you have come so far in such a realitively short time, love and hugs from me up here in the cold damp Attic XTomorrow is*http://www.pancreaticcancer.org.uk/l...e-day-is-back/

I'm bumping my Attic Man song thread to remind my pal Daveey that I'm thinking of him and sending good thoughts his way.

If I were in your neck of the woods, Dave, I'd sing this song right to you. Maybe not actually in the attic—it's hot there now—but nearby.

Top Bottom