Bridge and fret board

MichaelPfenning

Reaction score
I tried to make my own bridge and fret board out of black walnut .My question is ? How wide does the the bone piece need to be ? The one I made in the Pic is about 1/8 of an inch. I also am not sure how high it needs to be. I suppose it is all relative to how thick the fret board is and how high the saddle is. My fret board is currently about a 1/4 of an inch. I could easily take it down to 3/16 plus or minus. Sorry for all the questions but i couldnt find all the info on the world wide interweb.

DSC_1468.jpgDSC_1469.jpgDSC_1470.jpgDSC_1471.jpg

Looks to me like you could get about 3 saddles (maybe) out of the piece. Aim for quarter inch or higher (higher) and then take it down when you do your action set up. Aim for about 0.1 inch at the 12th fret (or lower - careful or you might get buzz) and .020 at the first fret. Then the whole set-up balancing act... Your bridge looks very nice by the way. What is that stuff you are using as bridge material?

Corion countertop material . I went to the local music store and all they had was hollow cheap plastic . Corion is pretty dense and it comes in tons of colors. Im going to use it for the nut also. The wood is black walnut

Top Bottom