Pulled the trigger

steel rider

Reaction score
After much back and forth - super concert? Mele? Cocobolo? Pineapple? Mango Deluxe? ? ? ? I finally went back to my original inspiration. Just ordered the Pono Mango Pineapple Concert from HMS, with the LR Baggs pickup.
http://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-by/size/concert/pono-mgcp-mango-concert-pineapple-w-case.html

And now I wait. In the meantime I will need some pineapple decals and fret markers from eBay!

The only thing I'm going to want, I think, is for it to be a little shinier than the satin finish. Any suggestions appreciated.

I've had that one on my radar for some time now too. It looks like a great value in a quality uke. I'd love to hear your opinion of it once you get a chance to play it for a bit. Hope you enjoy it!

Congrats on the new Pono! I didn't evenknow they had a pineapple....

Been several threads here on polishing a satin finished uke. Many products will work. Doesn't take much time or effort to do it by hand and I personally love the lower gloss, somewhere between the satin and the high gloss. Auto scratch and haze remover, plastic polish, etc. I just bought the swirl remover and fine polishes from Stewmac. Note: no silicone products.

A Mango Pineapple, sounds like a fruit salad!

Congrats on a beautiful uke. Pono does good work, as does HMS. I'm sure you will be happy together.

Make sure you post pictures when it arrives!

Smart buy--those seem nice! I've never been particularly attracted to mango ukes, but the Ponos sound nice. I like the idea of polishing up the body. I prefer satin finishes myself, but that's really just for the neck.

A Mango Pineapple, sounds like a fruit salad!

Congrats on a beautiful uke. Pono does good work, as does HMS. I'm sure you will be happy together.

Make sure you post pictures when it arrives!

sounds good with maybe some bananas and strawberries!

Congratulations to your new uke, would love to see some pictures when you get it! I like the silky sheen satin finish on my Pono ukes very much and wouldn't want to mess it up by rubbing in some oil or whatever...

Been several threads here on polishing a satin finished uke. Many products will work. Doesn't take much time or effort to do it by hand and I personally love the lower gloss, somewhere between the satin and the high gloss. Auto scratch and haze remover, plastic polish, etc. I just bought the swirl remover and fine polishes from Stewmac. Note: no silicone products.

Yes Phil I am hoping for something to just rub on/in with a clean rag to give a shine, not a full gloss. Looks like I can get the swirl remover on Stewmac.com

Thanks!

Beautiful instrument! Congratulations!

Top Bottom