Kamaka Refinishing pricing List

pebbleInDaPacific

Reaction score
Hey ukesters,

Just wanted to share a lil pricing info I got from Kamaka. Don't know if any of you are curious, but I e-mailed them about refinishing my 2006 Kamaka soprano and they quoted me about $75. I think that price doesn't include shipping. It's starting to show some love wear, but ultimately, it gives me piece of mind that when and if I ever retire this baby, at least I can have the option of shining her up with a fresh coat.

Does anyone else know pricing information on any of the other brands if they are sent to the factory? It would be cool if you could post what some of you could share as well. :shaka:

That's a sweet price quote! :)

That's not bad. But I think they'd probably work with other brands of ukes too. I was chatting with one of the guys there, and I know that they were willing to have one of their inlay artists work on a one of my ukes that was not a Kamaka, and said that I could just bring in my design and get a free quote. But knowing that it'd be expensive to take the frets out and do all that stuff involved with inlaying a completed instrument, and since the inlay I wanted had a lot of pieces, it was probably going to be a bit more than I was willing to pay at the time.

So I'm sure they're flexible with their services with some limitations. Not sure if they could refinish something like Kanile's UV finish, for example.

Top Bottom