F+4 chord shape

carpekd

Reaction score
Can someone tell me the chord shape for F+4?

Thanks

Can someone tell me the chord shape for F+4?

What song are you using this chord in?

Some people use weird ways of notating chords. I'd consider F+4 to be an F chord with the 4th added in. You could play it as a 2011.

But you don't see that chord too often, which is why I'm thinking the person who notated that might really mean something else (like an Fsus4).

JJ

I'm using it in the wind cries mary by jimi hendrix. The chord sheet says to alternate between F and F+4 using your pinky...

I've just never seen this chord and I couldn't find it in my chord book

I'm using it in the wind cries mary by jimi hendrix. The chord sheet says to alternate between F and F+4 using your pinky...

I've just never seen this chord and I couldn't find it in my chord book

I'd go with Fsus4 ... 0013.

Usually that "+" means augmented, which means a major chord with an augmented fifth. So an F+ (also written as F+5 or Faug) is would be spelled F A C#.

Seeing a "4" after the "+" is odd and probably just an idiosyncratic tick of the tabber.

In that case, I'd just skip it. I don't think Hendrix played either an add4 or sus4 there.

He does do a little lick there on the F chord. But it's more like sticking in a sus2. Try strumming the chord as 0010 (or 0013), then quickly doing a hammer-on with your middle finger to get the usual 2010 (or 2013). Noodle between those two things, and you'll get sorta close.

JJ

thanks guys...
I've been playing around with hammer-ons and pulloffs and I think i've got it with an overall variation of 2010 - 0010 - 2013 - 0013.

He does do a little lick there on the F chord. But it's more like sticking in a sus2. Try strumming the chord as 0010 (or 0013), then quickly doing a hammer-on with your middle finger to get the usual 2010 (or 2013). Noodle between those two things, and you'll get sorta close.

JJ

I noodle it there as 0031 to 0010 which works fine for how I fingerpick it. (It's in Tabs if anybody's interested.) That seemed the closest to the record.

Top Bottom