Legpap U-bass

His Sinfulness

Reaction score
Has anyone tried one of these? My local store had one on the wall for a long while, so I bargained a bit and just brought it home. I don't know much (nothing, in fact) about U-bass type instruments... It had an Aquila strings tag on it, but no other information. Any general thoughts, tips, etc?

10943666_10100425735340213_576602585245312729_n.jpg

Anymore pictures? Obviously they used HipShot Owen Holt big spool black tuners like on the Kala U-Bass (I just got a set of all chrome, apparently the last set that HipShot had available).

I have a Gold Tone GT MicroBass that came with the same Aquila Thundergut strings and it didn't take me long to change them to Road Toad Pahoehoe. The Thunderguts became way too sticky for me, and I wasn't about to use powder every time I played. The Pahoehoe are really smooth, sound and intonation are really good on the GT.

Last edited:
Just looked it up online and it seems like another copy of the Kala (Owen Holt) U-Bass. That's why I went for a custom to my specs; 21" scale, fretless with 2 more fret lines, cutaway, extended fretboard thumb rest. Also looking forward to the Boulder Creek U-Bass I saw at the NAMM show Sunday.

U-Bass-800.jpg

Boulder Creek u-bass.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom