I Ordered it!

vcs700s

Reaction score
After a lot of research, and input from all of you, I ordered a Blackbird Clara this morning. Should be here on Friday.

George, from Dixie Ukuleles, is a pleasure to work with.

I am really looking forward to playing her. I will post pics etc. this weekend.

I'm exited for you. Can't wait to see some pics and videos. Happy strumming!

Yay! Another Clara convert!

I really love its tone, if not its scale length. Every time I play higher than the 7th fret, I get my fingers all cramped up and I get frustrated. I would have sold the Clara, which is my only concert uke, if not for how lovely it sounds from the first to the seventh frets.

You will love it. Quite a few folks find the low G a bit boomy, so don't hesitate to try other strings to find what sounds best to your ears!

I've purchased 4 ukes from Geo and even represented him at 'uke festival because I was so pleased with my experiences.

That's great news! I'm sure you will soon be in love. I had one for about a week during the Clara Roadtrip in July, but have decided that I'm really more of a tenor person - but who knows? Never say never!

Congrats on your new Clara. I bought Ukulele Eddie's Clara, and I find it very easy to play. Nice low action, and the neck seems to be just the right shape for me. Love the clarity of tone. I use it as my go-to low G instrument right now.

–Lori

Congratulations. Nice to know another neighbor's in the Clara Club.

Yes, congratulations. You'll be very happy.

Kathryn: I don't like the concert scale, either. But the Clara sounds too good for such a tiny thing to miss out on :D

Andy - yes, I tend to agree with you, and I'm not completely closing the door on it. Maybe one of these days......

WTG....while it's not pretty, I like it....loud, plenty of sustain, takes a lickin and keeps on tickin....wish I could afford one....it may be the wave of the future.

The Clara is a very versatile ukulele: high G, low G, strum, pick, indoor, outdoor, backwoods, on the beach, or by the pool. You'll have a great time with it.

Nice! If I were to venture above the $3-$400 price range I'd be visiting Blackbird in SF for sure. Their stuff seems so cool. Congrats!

Top Bottom