We are Seattle Seahawks: Anthem of the 12's

Uncle Rod Higuchi

Reaction score
We are Seattle Seahawks (Cheering song by STRUM): http://youtu.be/x9w4FjMcHIw

Here's an Anthem I wrote before Super Bowl XLVIII, that's last year's game.

This is an updated rendition using '12's' and '12 Fans' in place of 'twelft fan' or 'twelfth man' :)

enjoy!

Go Hawks! :)

Congrats to dkcrown, and all the other New England fans out there, but I'm sick to my stomach over this. I absolutely despise the Patriots. Sorry, Dana. Haha. Ugh! Unreal!

Painful ending.

Still, as a football fan, you gotta enjoy that as a SB. Well, not the classless junk at the end.

But as a Hawks fan....ouch.

In the end, class won.

Congrats to dkcrown, and all the other New England fans out there, but I'm sick to my stomach over this. I absolutely despise the Patriots. Sorry, Dana. Haha. Ugh! Unreal!
Thanks Matt, I think? :) As they say, they hate us, cause they ain't us. :)

An amazing game, never the less. Still, I will never understand the call. But an amazing play on the ball by Butler.

I thought I'd weigh in as a Patriots fan (by birth - I loved them back in the 70s, when the Dolphins would wipe their noses every year, and even when Bill Parcells quit as coach while the Patriots were getting trounced by the Packers in Super Bowl XXXI.)

There's been a lot of interesting stuff written about "the call." One of the theories that I thought was most fascinating is that Belichick figured that the Seahawks would win if they ran the ball, and that he declined to call a time out with a minute left and with the clock running down in order to force the Seahawks to pass at least once. Carroll said he called a pass on second down because he thought it would surprise the patriots more- with only 20 seconds left on the clock, if the Seahawks didn't score by running on second down, they'd almost have to pass on third down and Carroll was worried that the Patriots would be ready for that. I think Belichick thought his team had a better chance to defend the pass than a run, and many believe he outfoxed Carroll simply by not calling a time out and by sending out a defense on second down that looked like a "goal line stance" run defense even though it had an extra pass defender in Butler. Butler still had to have amazing anticipation to intercept the pass, though. You can see on replays that he headed for the spot where the pass was going to be thrown as soon as the ball was hiked.

For what it's worth, I couldn't believe the juggle catch at the five yard line on the play before the interception. It felt like the curse of the NY Giants in Super Bowls XLII and XLVI all over again. Believe me, Pats fans know what it's like to be a Seahawks fan this year after watching the Patriots snag defeat from the jaws of victory in those two Super Bowls.

Top Bottom