Dr Bekken & Eugene Ukulele

what a wonderful privilege to play some music with the Good Doctor. :)

Beyond awesome, I'd say! This is a sensational collaboration.

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

This is just a tease. More please, gentlemen!

That was pretty cool. Do you mind sharing how you did it? Were you actually playing together over Skyoe or something or did one record, send the video to the other, and the second guy played to that? I've seen notice of live collaboration tools but couldn't imagine they would have low enough latency to be useable.

Man, o' man!!

Bekken & Duncan together at last - this makes my day! (week - month?)

Thanks guys, and especially to 23 for putting it all together. On top of all, one of my favorite songs! Merle Haggard, Bob Wills, maybe on back? Anyone know?

Let's hope we can do it on stage sometime!

You know where halfway is right? The oldest rural Jazz Hall in the world is right around the corner. Let me know!

dewdrop2.jpg

That was pretty cool. Do you mind sharing how you did it? Were you actually playing together over Skyoe or something or did one record, send the video to the other, and the second guy played to that? I've seen notice of live collaboration tools but couldn't imagine they would have low enough latency to be useable.

Ok, Jim...here it is:
I recorded my 'half' first, uploaded it to youtube as 'unlisted'. Then I sent the link to Jon, who did his recording listening to mine via headphones. He also uploaded as unlisted, and both the links were sent to Skidoo, who edited the audio and video together. I don't know the details about how he did it, though. The whole thing was Jon's idea, and I really enjoyed it.

And, to you, Dirk; now we know where halfway is...hmmmm!

Really enjoyed the collaboration. Can't stop tapping the toes!

Absolutely loved it. Please do more!

One thing I love about ukulele is the intimacy of just a player and their uke. Over production or too many instruments ruins it for me. But you guys nailed it. I loved how you guys kept it simple even when doubling the instruments. Real classy. I hope we are lucky enough to get some more of this in the future.

Great performance. It really defines playing the 'ukulele.
Thanks for posting.

This is what Ukuleles were built for...excellent music. Delightfully played and jammed.......

Top Bottom