Charcoal making bending iron

Hluth

Reaction score
I bought a popular electric bending iron about 9 years ago and discovered that wooden bases and bending irons don't go together so well. If you have one of these benders, better keep an eye on it. Here's a link to my website where I uploaded some information about my experience with it: http://hoffmannlutherie.com/luthier/bendingiron1.pdf

A little disappointed with this thread because I was hoping it would contain a picture I have been trying to add to my collection for a long time. It was of a Charcoal burning classical guitar bender that was in use in Paracho. If anyone knows the device, I would love to see a picture of it again.

Of course this thread is much more useful and I will keep in in mind as I have one of those benders, and it might some day need a rebuild.

Last edited:
Interesting stuff, there. Thanks. The bender I saw pictures of was a lot like a fox, except probably cast iron, and built out of doors with a firebox. The method was a lot like Huipe, I would guess where he just has a lower form, but gets theside to follow all the contours. I think that style requires thin stock.

Top Bottom