Reported!

k0konutz

Reaction score
It would be nice to be able to report posts for review to the moderators. I've seen a lot of posts that don't contribute at all to the discussion (for example, someone that just posts "nice...." or "lol") and those posts should be deleted. They're a waste of time.
Is there any other way to limit the amount of nonsense posts?

You can click on the moderator's name and PM them with with your concerns directly.

Also there is the option to skip past irrelevant posts. If they are short, you may hardly even notice them. :D

What's wrong with expressing your approval? We're not deleting any posts unless they break our rules.

like what ryan has said, unless there is rule breaking, i wouldnt really delete them.

if it annoys you, you could PM the person and tell them yourself.

like what ryan has said, unless there is rule breaking, i wouldnt really delete them.

if it annoys you, you could PM the person and tell them yourself.

Or... just ignore it....

It would be nice to be able to report posts for review to the moderators. I've seen a lot of posts that don't contribute at all to the discussion (for example, someone that just posts "nice...." or "lol") and those posts should be deleted. They're a waste of time.
Is there any other way to limit the amount of nonsense posts?

A lot of the UU members here are looking for feedback from fellow members. It helps keep the motivation and drive to improve etc. It is not always necessary to ramble on and explain in great detail how great their performance on youtube was, for example.

One word such as "Nice..." is a quick way to say......"Well done....keep up the excellent work. You have a talent. I really liked it. Cool song. Post more videos. I wish I could play like that. You rock. You rule..........":eek:

A lot of the UU members here are looking for feedback from fellow members. It helps keep the motivation and drive to improve etc. It is not always necessary to ramble on and explain in great detail how great their performance on youtube was, for example.

One word such as "Nice..." is a quick way to say......"Well done....keep up the excellent work. You have a talent. I really liked it. Cool song. Post more videos. I wish I could play like that. You rock. You rule..........":eek:

I see what you're saying. I guess when the community gets bigger, it might be more necessary to implement something like I suggested. And Actually I just noticed that there already is a report function for posts....maybe I should have looked better.

What I'm just trying to also get at is that I've seen some forums with kids that just say "WELL I HAVE A HIGHER POST COUNT THAN YOU SO MY OPINION MATTERS MORE." But that person's post history just consists of several "lol" and "cool" and other low-content posts.

I see what you're saying. I guess when the community gets bigger, it might be more necessary to implement something like I suggested. And Actually I just noticed that there already is a report function for posts....maybe I should have looked better.

What I'm just trying to also get at is that I've seen some forums with kids that just say "WELL I HAVE A HIGHER POST COUNT THAN YOU SO MY OPINION MATTERS MORE." But that person's post history just consists of several "lol" and "cool" and other low-content posts.

the report post button should only be used for posts that are breaking the rules. if they are not actually breaking the rules, ie being a jerk, posting spam, etc, then that button should not be used just because the post content doesnt contain something of more substance.

there is also a 10 letter minimum to posts on this forum. and a 4 image limit as well. so you will never see stuff like...
nice!
:Dx15
or stuff like that. but you may see some...
man, that was great!!! :):D;)
as worthless as it may seem, on this forum, feedback is a good thing. and we are striving to make this a friendly place for all. so as long as no one is being a total @$$ then my job is easy.

on the other hand, i see where you are coming from with the "post-whore" types that think post count gives them status. on this board it does NOT. and it never will. look at me, ive got hundreds of posts. but i suck at uke hahaha. all the post count does is give an idea of that person's activity on the board.

Well I'm new to UkuleleUnderground but I like the forum. It's all about helping each other with issues around the ukulele, with tabs, playing techniques and so on. And the atmosphere is friendly. Havn't seen anyone insulting, yet.
However this also comes becaus epeople here take the ukulele seriously and the people behind the avatars and not about who has more posts. Havn't seen anyone who actually cared about the posts of anybody (my impression).
My suggestion is that you shouldn't care too much about that too. Why to stress the moderators when you could just ignore it. I mean short posts with approvals like "nice, good job" or anything like that isn't hurting anybody, is it?
That's my impression. But yeah as I told you, I'm new here and I'm not exactly the best ukulele player and so on.. (and i havn't any posts yet, joke ;) )

You're not talking about the Sherdog (MMA) forums are you? That place is freaking strange with the belt ranking for post count and stuff. I agree, that kind of thing adds a corrosiveness to the environment.

I don't think there's any harm in posting "I like it" or "cool" or "nice." Just because someone doesn't have much more to say about something doesn't mean it's not worth anything to anyone. I think deleting posts like that is just being nitpicky. And like many people have already pointed out, it's not breaking any rules.

there is also a 10 letter minimum to posts on this forum. and a 4 image limit as well. so you will never see stuff like...
nice!
:Dx15
or stuff like that. but you may see some...

I think I have posted a "nice.............:)" or two on here, but I will try to keep it at a minimum.

The community IS going to get bigger. There is no question about that. So far, I don't think there is anyone on UU that is obsessed with their post count. For me, I could care less if I have 20 posts or 1,000 posts. If I submit a reply to someone and I get a response, hey!.....great. I got acknowledged! If not, oh well, I'll just sit quietly here and read on. I don't think I'm the only one who enjoys reading what anyone has to say, even if its a "great, good job, keep it up" or whatever how short it may be. If you don't like it, don't read it. Nobody is forced to be here.

Keep up the good work UU staff!

Last edited:
Top Bottom