FS Wolverton Pau Ferro and cedar custom tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_J

Reaction score
Keeping: Wolverton Pau Ferro and cedar custom tenor

No longer for sale is an outstanding custom tenor by luthier Jason Wolverton. Each tenor Jason makes is named. This is A Coruna. It was finished at the end of December 2013.

Pau Ferro back and sides and a cedar top comprise this tenor’s body. This uke has a handmade herringbone rosette made from lignum vitae, rosewood, and maple. The soundboard is bordered by purfling that matches the rosette. Cocobolo bindings with 3-strip side and back purfling completes the body finished with gloss nitro lacquer. The radiused ebony fingerboard has 20 frets with side markers. The soundboard has been adorned with a handmade Pau Ferro pick guard to protect the cedar top. Also featured are: 8 hole Indian Rosewood bridge, Pegheds planetary tuners, a mahogany neck, solid bindings, Spanish cedar lines sides, Pau Ferro top/back headplatpes. A tweed hard case is included.

The uke is in “as new” condition. No scratches, dings, or dents. No issues. Jason did leave some small marks on the back rim of the Pegheds while inserting them. Jason’s ukes are currently priced starting at $2,000. This is a gorgeous custom tenor with some nice upgrades with a full rich sound, and outstanding projection and incredible resonance.

A recent sound sample :
https://app.box.com/s/rmumef7kj6yg822pdcu7umsrxi23p31k

no longer for sale, decided to keep it.

P1060398_zpsf20c2fab.jpg

P1060404_zps8286f2c2.jpg

P1060403_zps09816839.jpg

7b6dd185-b007-4307-a970-cea888534b86_zpsccb541d6.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, Hodge. Lovely instrument. You're killing me. Rather than die by a thousand cuts, can you just list anything else you're planning to sell?

Wow, Hodge. Lovely instrument. You're killing me. Rather than die by a thousand cuts, can you just list anything else you're planning to sell?

Sorry Eddie, I usually decide on one uke at time. But I am consider selling my Blackbird CF tenor in the near future.

What strings are you using? I see its a low G. Thanks, Hodge.

Absolutely stunning, Doc you have some lovely ukes there and if this one were a little more 'lefty friendly' it would be mine.

As one of the very few people who have played a Wolverton, I can tell you that this is a very fine instrument and obviously a beautiful one. it's easy to play and sounds great. At this price, it's a steal--no way are you going to get all those features for a custom instrument like that for this price from a respected luthier

I, too, have a Wolverton and all I can say is that the instrument is gorgeous and the tone is magical. These are really good ukes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom