Kala Curly Mango v.s. KOA PILI KOKO

hybridnightmare

Reaction score
Kala Curly Mango v.s. KOA PILI KOKO

I gave up on the pineapple/soprano ukulele and decided to just get something better since I now have the cash.

Anyone have any input in what to get?

I could get a mango concert for $239 at my local gutiar store or I could buy at Koko concert for 210 online from someone in Hawaii.

What do you guys think?

Koa Pili Koko is all solid, while I think the Kala is a Mango laminate, isn't it? I'd go KPK all the way, too!

Just so you know, the KPK is not real koa but Acacia wood. Similar but real koa only grows in Hawaii.

I really couldn't compare. But I have the Kala Mango and absolutely love it, plays great sounds amazing. lol I wish I could add more, but you get the idea, seems like you have a pretty good price too, although mine was a bit more because of the pick-up.

:shaka:

+1 fo da KPK. I played a Kala Mango Tenor and I didn't like the overall sound, my dos centavos.

I would say go with the solid wood any chance you get even though I have a kala mango for sale and it is a laminate. Sounds great and looks great and I bought it b/c it was a laminate (less sensetive than the solid wood) but solid woods are just better. THe price you get on that KPK is GREAT.

I would say go with the solid wood any chance you get even though I have a kala mango for sale and it is a laminate. Sounds great and looks great and I bought it b/c it was a laminate (less sensetive than the solid wood) but solid woods are just better. THe price you get on that KPK is GREAT.

Yeah I was thinking of buying your tenor mango but if someone else cops it I think I'll go with the KPK

Top Bottom