Grand Northern Ukulele Festival 2015 - Workshops announced!

Lalz

Reaction score
Hello hello!

I just got an email from GNUF (Huddersfield, Yorkshire) that they've just announced their workshops for this year's festival!

http://northernuke.com/2015/workshops/

The list is brilliant, I'm planning on going to two workshops a day:
Saturday:
- BEN ROUSE - Ukulele Bass
- AARON KEIM - Fingerstyle Uke
Sunday:
- LES HILTON - Pocket Full o' Riffs
- ADAM FRANKLYN - Blues & Ragtime Uke

And of course, will be going to all the performances throughout the week-end and nerding out to the max!

http://northernuke.com/2015/performers-2015/

I'm particularly excited to see my friend Liz (aka Ukulele Allsorts) perform :)

Who else is going this year? Looking forward to meet some UUkers there!

(Fun facts: Huddersfield was once a UK capital for reggae and sound system culture. It was also a stronghold for the Luddites movement during the Industrial Revolution and is now one for the Devolution movement. And it's now home to one of the biggest ukulele festivals in Europe! They also have great pizza and curry.)

I'll be there. Just booked the Sarah Maisel & Adam Franklin workshops. Had a whale of a time last year.

Awesome! I see you there then :)

I'll be there on the Saturday, also signed up Manitoba Hal's workshop - Learn To Play Any Song by Ear, which is something that I'm very poor at so really looking forward to it.

Yay! I see you there too :)

I. Can't. Wait.

Never been to a ukulele festival before! :)

I'm booked.
Doing two of Hal's workshops.
Aaron will be with us the weekend before so will have a workshop and show with him and Nicole.
Adam Franklin, I might do his workshop, trying to see I can get the club hierarchy to set dates for an Adam Franklin workshop at the club, in which case I will probably wait until then!

h

Last edited:
I'm booked.
Doing two of Hal's workshops.we
Aaron will be with us the weekend before so will have a workshop and show with him and Nicole.
Adam Franklin, I might do his workshop, trying to see I can get the club hierarchy to set dates for an Adam Franklin workshop at the club, in which case I will probably wait until then!

h
I'll be working that weekend (sigh). Got to pay for the ukuleles somehow. The line-up looks great! Enjoy that Manitoba Hal Workshop for me Hms.

I will.
We had him for a workshop when he was over last time.
Great instructor, and a great show afterwards. It's so nice to be able to sit so close and watch a master at work.
H

Top Bottom