Vintage Friction Tuners: Soprano & Baritone

Captain Simian

Reaction score
Due to an unfortunate freak accident during last nights Super Bowl, my 50's Gretsch soprano and 50's Harmony baritone were smashed beyond repair. To help defray the cost of a couple of new ukes I've been given the OK to get I'm selling off the tuners. Both sets are in perfect working order and come with all washers and screws.

The soprano tuners are a little bit oxidized and probably could use a bath in some WD-40. What appears to be crack are just flaws in the plastic.

Harmony tuners are Sold.

$35 shipped for each set via PayPal Gift Payment in the continental USA.

I also have 3 additional Harmony bari tuners if anyone needs just one that I will let go for $12 each. I'll take pictures on request.

e52e52ed-f9ff-48f2-89a4-05180d61de37_zpse6ce9148.jpg

IMG_3747_zps719c8fb7.jpg

Last edited:
Did that "accident" have anything to do with an unfortunate freak goal-line call with seconds remaining?

and, was there alcohol involved?!

No alcohol was involved because my friend's wife is pregnant. Oddly enough it happened during half time when the fireworks startled her for some reason. My kid claimed the smashed Gretsch for one of her goofy art projects. I'll ask her if she can live without the bridge.

No alcohol was involved because my friend's wife is pregnant. Oddly enough it happened during half time when the fireworks startled her for some reason. My kid claimed the smashed Gretsch for one of her goofy art projects. I'll ask her if she can live without the bridge.

That's cool, no big deal if she wants to keep the bridge. It's not really a best match for the uke I would want it for anyway.

Oh, and since I forgot to say it above, my condolences for your losses. They were both much too young.

Thanks but they're just things. I was more concerned about Summer hurting herself and\or the baby and luckily they're both fine. Besides, I was given permission to get this:

resu-1.jpg

Thanks but they're just things. I was more concerned about Summer hurting herself and\or the baby and luckily they're both fine. Besides, I was given permission to get this:

resu-1.jpg

OOOOHHHH!
I saw that right after Jake posted it and have been trying to convince myself I don't need it!
Glad you're getting it. I love Jake's work, but his Frankenstein creations are the best!

(And yes, it is a soprano bridge I'm looking for.)

I will dig around my parts bin and see if I have any soprano bridges when I get a moment this afternoon.

Did you see the bouzouki banjo? If I thought I would live to actually see it I would get that also.

can you take a picture of the baritone harmony tuners.. I am looking for the green label models and need one if it has the two sides shaved on the round shaft and extended thread thanks

Baritone tuners set is sold. The individual bari and soprano set tuners are still available.

MM Stan, I can take a picture of one of the tuners later this morning. While the shafts on the extended tuner part are shaved, not quite sure if the thread is extended. I'll take it apart for you. If it helps, these did come off a green label Harmony.

Stan, your inbox is full.

To be honest, I really can't tell much from the picture you posted. Ultimately it would have been easier had it occurred to me sooner to measure the tuner post and go from their. That's what 3 weeks without coffee will do to you. Tuner post is a hair shy 1.75". If you think that will work let me know.

Top Bottom