FS: Lanakai Elderly Instruments 40th Anniversary Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Moody

Reaction score
I bought this last summer, and it's very nice but currently doesn't get nearly as much love and attention that it needs. From the Elderly Instrument website:

Flame maple top with flame maple back and maple sides (all laminated). Mahogany neck, rosewood headstock overlay, rosewood fingerboard and bridge, chrome geared tuning machines, and white ABS binding on top, back and around fingerboard, plus concentric soundhole rings also in black and white. 37mm bone nut and bone saddle. Only 300 made for our 40th anniversary. Special label inside, numbered in series out of 300, signed by our venerable founder, Stan Werbin, plus certificate of authenticity from Lanikai. Very attractive uke with a strong, bright sound. Satin finish. Hardshell case. Made in Indonesia.

Soundcloud Audio Sample - Fingerstyle and Strumming

This is number 210 of 300. Currently strung with black nylon strings and a phosphor bronze low G string.

ONLY ISSUES I've found is that there is a small, slightly smaller than a nickel, spot on the bottom where you can feel the laminate is pulling apart. It doesn't affect the sound or structure of the instrument, but there is a picture to show roughly the location. Also, there looks to be a very slight crack at the back of neck; looks to be temperature related (I haven't had anything but black nylon on this uke). Won't affect the sound at all, but needs to be detailed.

Asking $100 obo shipped CONUS. Paypal okay.

Please ask if any questions. I've done a ton of selling over on Talkbass, as well as ebay so this isn't my "first rodeo."

IMG_3227.jpgIMG_3226.jpgView attachment 75652IMG_3228.jpgIMG_3578.jpgIMG_357.jpg

Last edited:
Any soundbytes?

Bump for new price. It's been sitting in its case all this time; let's get it to a new home!

PM on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom