FS: Kala KA-JTE/HB Honey Burst Archtop Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalamaricus

Reaction score
My first sale attempt! Somehow I ended up with more ukes than I can play and my wife has finally noticed.

This is a cool Kala archtop tenor with an active pickup. Full specs are at http://www.kalabrand.com/Models/Kala/Archtop/DetailsPageArchtop.html. I got this new from HMS in June 2013, but after a few months of experimenting I hardly ever play amplified anymore. (The less people can hear from me the happier they are.)

The uke is in excellent condition except for a wire inside that occasionally buzzes. It only occurred 3 times in the 3-4 months that I played it, and went away each time after repositioning the uke, so I never did anything about it.

Comes with a light and strong but large Uke Crazy case. Asking $170 (about half off, counting the case) including shipping in the continental US.

IMG_3344_zps0dba9601.jpg

IMG_3345_zps5c05b726.jpg

Sound sample

Pardon the bad playing. Now you know why my wife wants me to sell. The beginning is acoustic, but around 3:00 I move the mike (an older Apogee MiC attached to an iPad) and turn on a Fender Passport Mini amp. It's close enough that you'll still hear the ukulele itself.

Its not string buzz, but wire buzz from the electronics inside. Its fixable if you unscrew the preamp and tie the cords up better. Usually not a major issue

cool... Yes, I would like to buy this. Would you consider 1700 for this and the Kamaka HF-3D ?? where are you and do you do Paypal?

PM sent! As kissing said, it's a wire inside the uke (for the pickup) which is causing the occasional buzzing. The strings and fretboard are fine.

This uke is sold so I'm closing the thread too. Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom