Oasis 8100 vs. Worth CT

Gerald Ross

Reaction score
Just ordered some Oasis 8100 tenor strings. They are very very close in diameter to Worth CTs (which I have been using).

While I wait the 3-5 days for delivery, I'd like some opinions on the Oasis strings - just for fun and information.

Thoughts?

Hey Gerald,
I just changed my strings to Oasis warms, from the Worth BTs. Just before that, I had Worth CTs. And for me on this instrument, it was a HUGE improvement.

Just the slight increase in string diameter seemed to make quite a difference. It made the strings feel much tighter. It allowed me to change out my saddle to one that previously had been too low with other strings sets. (Worth BT and CT)

I lowered the action at the 12th fret with NO volume drop!

I have to believe that this was due to the string set, because it was a saddle I had used before and it was quieter and buzzed a little. I used this saddle that way for quite awhile because I liked the way it played, even though I had to play carefully to keep down the buzz. Now, I feel I have the best of both worlds. Lower action. Nice volume. A super clear tone.

These strings are a lot more dynamic for me. And this may sound a little funny, kinda like a no-brainer, but when I play harder on these strings, my instrument gets a lot louder. And when I play gently, it's quieter, but not lost. Compared to the Worth string sets I had been using, which I was always very happy with and had used exclusively for years, I now feel like I have more dynamic range and I'm painting on a much larger canvas.

This may sound like I've really sat down and overanalyzed this, but this was my immediate reaction. When I first put on the strings, and to my surprise, just as much the next day, these strings continue to get sweeter.
I am so surprised and Really happy with them.

These are my findings, Gerald.
What are your thoughts on the Oasis 8100 string set?
m@

Thanks for the detailed response toomauch.

I put the 8100's on my Leho Thinline travel tenor uke. That was about a week ago. I have not touched the uke since. I will be vacationing soon and taking this uke along. I'll report back later.

Thanks.

Top Bottom