Round 3...last round! uke wars

scooterguitar

Reaction score
As my brain stirs and I am contemplating going back to dobro from ukulele exhaustion, fear, and needed pity...here's where I'm at this afternoon!
Kanilea super concert or tenor
Koaloha (same models as above)
...Kamaka concert I found.

Tone and playability everyone, tone and playability...
projection?
deeper tones (I know the obviosu differences between concert/tenor, so not that)?
ease of play, hammer ons, chroding, notes, the whole shibang! So I cna leanr Ricky Martin's "She Bangs". j/k

Blues, rock, and traditional hawaiian tunes. I love the stuff Aldrine does on his lesssons. Innovative song picks!

btw, my wife wants me to get the beautiful Honu and the price is less:>) Tone for days is what I need.

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

You thought you could escape me by starting a new thread...

ooooh. I Ching, take your ponderings seriously and the I Ching will present you with sage advice... perhaps more so than expected! It actually insulted me once. So I punched it.

With your uke selection, you're biting your nails when you should BE PLAYING RIGHTEOUS UKE MELODIES ON YOUR KAMAKA.

The more you do research, the more choices you'll find and the more confused you get. This is especially sucky because no matter what you pick, and no matter how much you like it, you'll probably keep thinking about the ones you turned down for it. Try not to think so much! You've narrowed it down to only very high-quality ukes. Every single one of those will play wonderfully, sound beautiful, and give you enough projection to make you happy. The K-brands are all in the same class, and there really isn't anything you can do on one that you can't do on another.

Usually I'd tell you to play every single one and make your decision, but at this point, it's probably best to just find a reliable seller and grab one of those ukes as soon as possible so you won't be confused anymore. Don't even bother looking at the others. I guarantee you'll love whatever you get.

At this point the three are close enough that you should go by budget and looks...action can be adjusted, projection is going to be close enough not to matter, and tone can be tweaked through a change of strings. Pick the one that is most attractive to your eye within your budget range, because that's the one you're going to want to pick up and play most often.

And like haole said, once you've made up your mind don't look back...love the one you're with!

Last edited:
Very good.
My mind's palying tricks on me, the Honu has come back to haunt me.

Buy the one you can afford now and save up for the other two... Bam... Problem solved:shaka:

You cant go wrong with any of them... Pick one and play the hell out of it:nana:

Top Bottom