FS: KoAloha Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtiestkidever

Reaction score
I am selling a KoAloha soprano. It is a factory second though I can't entirely tell why. It looks great with no noticable dings or dents. The action is perfect. It plays incredibly well. This uke exhibits the best playability of any uke I have ever played. Friction tuners work great. Sound is typical KoAloha sound. Tons of volume, great tone. Bright but with a nice warmth to it. It comes with a hard case. I don't know the brand but I paid $75 for it at a local uke shop.

SOLD

IMG_4200.jpgIMG_4203.jpgIMG_4205.jpgIMG_4199.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful figuring. I bought the same model (a factory second) in 2013 - they stamped the month and year inside at the neck block. What's nice is the warranty follows the 'ukulele and not just the original owner.

This shouldn't last long in the marketplace.

I'm confused. It cost you $75 but you're selling it for $450?

Not an argument, just confusion...

dirtiestkid, the case looks like a Crossrock 800 ABS case.

dirtiestkid, the case looks like a Crossrock 800 ABS case.

Yeah, this looks exactly like a Crossrock case but there is no label on it. All of the pictures I have seen of Crossrocks have a Crossrock logo on the side. This one doesn't. I am not sure what it is. But it is a nice case.

Here are some more pics of all the imperfections I can find. They are all very very minor as you will see.

There is a little indentation on the fretboard binding right where the fretboard meets the top. This is my best guess as to why this is a factory second. It is pretty hard to notice.

IMG_4489.jpgIMG_4492.jpg

There are two little holes in the wood on the back where the body meets the neck (might be called the heel?). They appear to be jus a natural feature of the wood. Something that was there before the uke was finished.

IMG_4494.jpg

Both issues are very tough to notice unless you put the uke directly under a table lamp and take high res close up photos (like I did here).

I have looked it over in detail and can't find any other imperfections. No scuffs, scratches, dents, or even strum marks.

Cheers.

Hi all. Thanks for the interest. There has been plenty of interest but the uke is still available. Price is firm at $450. Also the date on the inside is February 2013. Cheers.

The top looks like koa but what are the back and sides?

What a pretty uke at a great price!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom