ukulele vibe?

tangimango

Reaction score
I wonder what kind of vibe others get when they think of a ukulele.

for example when I think of acoustic guitar I always picture western old country,

electric guiter I get a satanic type of vibe, I know there blues and jazz but in general maybe due to the many rock bands and distortion type of playing. especially when I saw the youtube video of all the ESP guitars at NAMM (a must see)(customs to the extremes)

then comes the ukulele. I get a pleasant holy vibe, like a Hawaiian Christian missionary , a instrument to teach at local churches and old folks home and all in between. LOL

sorry bored at work day dreaming ;)

I get a kind of a vibe, like...IZ :shaka:

Hail Satan eh?

I really need to get my 80's BC Rich USA Warlock fixed up but who am I kidding Risa stick through a Digitech multieffect pedal can evoke Satan himself.

Ave Satanas

...it was on the clip board ...you asked...anything goes with me...
Ain't She Sweet ,Smeck to Art For Arts Sake ,10 cc....and all points of the musical compass in between.......:spam:;)

I get a lute vibe.

these are my first thoughts for each instrument...

acoustic guitar: James Taylor, Tommy Emmanuel, Michael Hedges, Django Reinhardt, Benjamin Woods, Andy McKee, Sungha Jung, Melissa Etheridge, The Eagles (hotel california), Andres Segovia, Charo, Dolly Parton, Dave Matthews, Jason Mraz, Coby Callait, Indigo Girls, Tegan & Sarah, Al Di Meola, Leadbelly (& many others)

electric guitar: Eddie Van Halen, Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai, Orianthi, Les Paul, John Pizzarelli, Brian May, Brian Setzer, Andy Summers, Alex Lifeson, Mark Knopfler, Stanley Clarke , Wes Mongomery, The Beatles, Chuck Berry (& many others)

ukulele: IZ, Roy Smeck, George Formby, Arthur Godfrey, Jake, James Hill, Jim Beloff, Victoria Vox, Sophie Madeliene, Gerald Ross, Roy Sakuma, Corey Fujimoto, Sarah Maisel, Danielle Ate The Sandwich, Lil Rev, Rob McKillop, Lyle Ritz (and MANY others) including fellow UU members Dr. Bekken and Hippie Dribble, Joey Calfa (Ukulellien), and many of the UU Seasonistas.

I could also add a few for both electric and/or upright bass, but they was not on the original list, so I'll refrain for now.

20s/30s: flappers, crooners, novelty songs, hot jazz and the Hawaiian craze; Ukulele Ike, Ruth Etting, Annette Hanshaw, Al Bowlly, Rudy Vallee, Bing and early Frank, Sol Ho'opi'i, amid palm trees, hula dancers and blue, blue seas.

I live in England ..I have the North Sea to the right of me and the Irish Sea to the left ...the English Channel at my back and something or other fluid and salty above Scotland.....what the hell is a " Blue,blue sea ? "...all those aforementioned are lumpy and grey........and bloody cold !!

Top Bottom