wow automatic tuners

Neeto, but 4 strings go pretty quick. Might be good on an 8 string ?

It's great if you're playing by yourself. As soon as you play with a regular piano, you'll realize how useless this tech becomes.

A lot of players say it adds too much weight to the headstock, making the instrument unbalanced. That would be my bigger concern over the couple of seconds I'd save by using automatic tuners.

Never tried one, but you still have people who only will use a tuning fork. I have a 50 plus year old one that hasn't seen any use for decades.

I see the advantage when performing live in alternate tunings. There are a few pros I think James Hill is among them that have multiple ukuleles on stage with different tunings. Sometimes only one string needs to be adjusted and that could be programed in. But the model in the video is not made for ukuleles yet.

THe other advantage is I think an audience would think this is dang-cool ! And it could give a performer an interesting segue into the next song.

I love my Gibson Les Paul, but I don't think I would like the automatic tuners. I think it takes something away from the guitar experience - to tune something up yourself.
It's another thing that runs on batteries and has moving parts..

I view automatic tuners as a solution looking for a problem.

yeah not intended to be use on a ukulele but I love gadgets. overall its been getting bad reviews to gibson and they say it will be on all there 2015 models stock. crazy.

I actually think this is pretty cool! Completely useless to me, but I feel it's innovative.

Last edited:
Depending on what those add to the price of each guitar, this doohickey might be more cost effective.

The video mentioned 100 pounds, so probably a bit over a hundred in the US. I think if I played e-guitar, I'd get one with the automatic tuner, just for the fun of it. :) For an ukulele, it seems a bit silly, though. Few of us change the tuning frequently, which I think is really the main use for that thing (it can store many different tunings and re-tune the guitar on button press).

Top Bottom