NUD: another TOM; laminate koa this time

drbekken

Reaction score
http://youtu.be/-LVliGAeM-I

Ok, so I could not quite believe the quality of the laminated sapele TOM concert ukulele that I bought a few weeks ago. So, I ordered a laminate koa concert too. Here's my opinion.
NB: I give the wrong price here. It is about USD 70, not 40 as I wrongly state in the video. Still, it is unbelievable quality for the price. Check it out.

Great value for sure ... where did you buy it from?

Funny I put Tom Ukulele in Google and didn't come up with their site. There aren't prices listed on the site ... very interesting though ... thanks.

so do they sound exactly the same, as they are laminate, by the same company and the same size?? Or is the laminate better quality?

so do they sound exactly the same, as they are laminate, by the same company and the same size?? Or is the laminate better quality?
I'm not sure I can prove this, but I somehow think the 'koa' uke is slightly more mellow. The set-up is great straight from the box. The action is a bit high at the saddle, but easy to fix. The intonation is fine, indeed.
I am not under the impression that this is as good as a solid wood uke. After all, I got a brain. Still, it is a very, very good inexpensive entry level ukulele.

Top Bottom