FS: Palm Tree Koa Concert Ukulele, #104

Status
Not open for further replies.

morris3640

Reaction score
Bought in June 14. Perfect condition. Hardly played. • Curly AAAA Koa • Vintage Hawaiian headstock • Handmade rope binding & rosette • Koa neck • Koa fingerboard w/rope inlay • Bone nut and saddle • Palm Tree inlay • Aquila strings • Peghed geared tuners • Gloss lacquer finish body • Satin finish neck • Includes hard case Go to http://palmtreeukuleles.com/palm-tree-koa-concert-104/for more pictures. Includes shipping. Pay through PayPal or other acceptable method Cost: 2350.00

Last edited:
WOW! that thing's gorgeous...unfortunately, way out of my price range!

I too, have a custom Palm Tree: concert body pineapple with a 16" scale neck. I had the frets leveled and after a year and a half, it opened up. It is now utter perfection. You might want to reconsider selling yours. Maybe a change to SouthCoast might persuade you.

I am selling this with great remorse. You mentioned leveling your frets. How did you have that done?

I took it to a local luthier. Cost about 30 dollars, worth every penny and then some!

If you feel that the set-up isn't quite right for you, morris, I too highly recommend finding a good luthier to do a full set up. That would include leveling, and any adjustments to the nut and saddle to improve the action to your liking. I bet if you ask on this forum, you might even get recommendations for a good luthier in your area. That uke is seriously gorgeous!! Good luck!

-Steve

a custom in this price range shouldn't need fret leveling or set-up, take it back to the builder!

It does not need any work done to it. I just asked a question about leveling frets. The uke plays perfectly. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom