Song Help Request Aldrine's Wonderful Tonight

experimentjon

Reaction score
The live show tonight was awesome. Aldrine and the guys played a lot of great songs. But the best song, in my opinion, was Wonderful Tonight.

Does anyone have chords or tabs for how he played it? Or even better, how about making this the lesson for May? (Since we now know what the April lesson will be.) I want to learn this song so badly! :D

The live show tonight was awesome. Aldrine and the guys played a lot of great songs. But the best song, in my opinion, was Wonderful Tonight.

Does anyone have chords or tabs for how he played it? Or even better, how about making this the lesson for May? (Since we now know what the April lesson will be.) I want to learn this song so badly! :D
yeah the live show was great, do it again sometime Aldrine :)

hahaha, i was heaps happy when Aldrine was playing glamorous sky and when he said hi ^^ yes, im a sad kid :p

anyways, i dont have the tabs.. I know that there is wonderful tonight tabs, i have seen them on a site. It would be in my favourites somewhere

When I read the title of this thread, I thought we were just going to talk about how great Aldrine was. Anyways.

I've never heard of this song. Any links?

When I read the title of this thread, I thought we were just going to talk about how great Aldrine was. Anyways.

I've never heard of this song. Any links?

its eric clapton's song. wonderful tonight. im sure youve heard it before. aldrine just did his own version last night during the broadcast. and it was incredible.

Yours is pretty good too, NukeDOC!

But I just rewatched Aldrine's like 10 times on the JustinTV reruns thing. I let it buffer out all the way, and although I closed the window now, I think it was around the 45 minute mark where he plays Wonderful Tonight. Its soooooooooo gooooooood, especially with the accompanyments. I think I got most of the chords, but some are still fuzzy. And I was trying to figure out the intro picking, but he makes a funny shape and bends some of the strings on the second/third note, and I can't figure out what he's doing there. The solo also blows me away every time I listen to it. Man. Any tips on this song would be appreciated.

http://www.justin.tv/ukuleleunderground/74996/UU_broadcast3108

I love this song too, but I'm just a strummer. Tabs turn me into a complete idiot, but they're fun to try. Also fun is trying to figure it out after getting an idea of the chord progressions.

The chords are fairly simple ... key of G with the main "theme" being a G-D-C-D progression ... add some tension with Em before going into the whole "and I say, yes, you look wonderful tonight" ... use a combination of D and Dsus for end of the interlude between verses ... then the bridge progression is an inversion of the second half of the verses and repeats that same theme.

I also agree that this would be a "wonderful" song to use for a future lesson.

Thanks, Aldrine!

Top Bottom