FS: Boat Paddle ML Style Tenor, Spruce / Narra Wood + Custom Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_J

Reaction score
Up for sale, again, is my amazing Boat Paddle ML tenor in Spruce/Narra wood with a high gloss finish and the custom fitting Boat Paddle ML case. Built in June 2012. It is in mostly great condition, no dings, dents, scratches or wood cracks. However, this instrument has two small lacquer checks/cracks that are nearly unnoticeable on the upper bout (see 4th pic). This happened recently during shipping in the cold (no fault of the shipper). I also want to point out that the bracing/supports can be seen/felt through the spruce top, as it is thin and not overbuilt.

Still trying to trim down my number of ukes. This Boat Paddle tenor has a wonderful and resonant tone with plenty of sustain. This is the ML style which is a larger body than the M Style, gives some nice tone depth and richness. If I didn’t already have another spruce top Boat Paddle and a Ko'olau spruce top, this would stay.

Very recent sound sample in C tuning, Oasis Warm strings:
https://app.box.com/s/0f9fdk7jitqkqqfjnac6nzl46xdakc60

sold

Here are the specs:
• ML Style (larger bodied tenor)
• Solid Spruce Top
• Solid Narra Wood Back and Sides
• Ebony Fingerboard and Bridge
• Mahogany Neck
• Narra wood (?) Binding on top and back
• Tenor sized Frets
• Corian nut and saddle
• Ebony headstock with MOP inlay
• "Pinned nut" design rather than string slots
• 17" scale length
• Upgraded Grover tuners
• High gloss finish
• Custom case included
• Strung with Oasis Warm low-g strings.

Please look at the pictures (taken 2/8/2015) and ask any questions.

hP1070208_zpsc6fafbac.jpg

hP1070214_zps9adbdb9c.jpg

hP1070212_zps57cd6a68.jpg

hP1070218_zpseec0058a.jpg

Last edited:
Bummer about those finish cracks Hodge. I had the same thing happen to a uke I shipped last Winter. So sad, but doesn't affect the sound.

Nice price...I think those custom cases are around 200 bucks alone. This won't last long. :cool:

Best of luck on the sale to some lucky buyer!

Not only will you get a nice Uke, you will have the pleasure of working with an incredibly nice person. Dealing with Hodge is a pleasure.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Thus uke is sold. :)

Last edited:
Man, if it only was a concert, I'd be all over it.
Anyway, it's really such a MILD cosmetic blemish. If it was mine, and it bothered me, which it doesn't, I'd send it to BP and have a pick/strum guard installed. Even with that expense, it still would be a hell of a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom