FS: Custom "KU" Kanile'a Soundmonster Soprano

Gadzukes!

Reaction score
I'm selling a custom Kanile'a Soundmonster satin soprano that sports the rare KU logo. According to Kristen Souza: "According to your serial number your ʻukulele was built in July 2007. At that time our K-1 models only came with select Koa body. Your ʻukulele has upgraded Koa body (Select Curly Koa) which was not typically used on that model made it a custom build. Currently that type of instrument would be referred to as a Deluxe model."

Kanile'a only made a couple hundred ukes with the KU logo, and with the custom wood, it makes this a very rare (possibly one of a kind) model.

It sounds wonderful, and is in very good condition. There's a very small (7 mm) crack in the back of the uke which goes against the grain, but can barely be seen or felt, and does not affect playability. I asked Chuck Moore about it and he said: "It's more of a structural fracture in the wood than it is a crack and it is likely a defect in the wood that was there since the beginning and is just now showing up or being noticed. It will not get any worse...If it were my uke I wouldn't bother doing anything as there is always the chance you could make a mess of things. As I said, it's not going to go anywhere and it's barely noticeable." Keep in mind he only saw photos of it and it was just a courtesy that he looked at it for me. For what it's worth, the crack hasn't gone anywhere in a year (I measured).

Asking $650 plus actual shipping costs (buyer chooses shipping method and insurance). Includes hard case as shown. Feel free to make me an offer—it's hard to price something like this, being that it's rare.

Images here: http://imgur.com/a/8vDeA

Attachments

• IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Find a uker that is a Kansas University fan and you have a premium market! Good luck with the sale!

A picture of the crack would probably help your sale.

If you click on the link (http://imgur.com/a/8vDeA) it's the first picture that pops up. It's hard to see, but it's right in the center of the photo. I had to run my fingers over it a few times to even find it to try and photograph it. I tried uploading it directly into my message but the board dropped a few photos, which is why I used imgur.

Last edited:
Relisting for sale, but with a lower price.

Top Bottom