Ron Yasuda All Koa Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
Okay, folks. Have to keep the turnstyles on my rotating 'uke program moving. I've got three really nice soprano's to sell to make some room for some new stuff comin' in. Each of these is wonderful in its own right and they are each in as-new condition. I've sold more than a handful of ukes here on UU and so far everyone has been very happy with their transactions. I offer a 48 hour approval period, subject to you paying shipping both ways and the item being returned in identical as-new condition. (Listing separately so I can upload several pics of each.)

Ron Yasuda All Koa Soprano, $600 + shipping CONUS
Built by the highly regarded hearing impaired luthier who worked for Kamaka for 20 years and was known for building to achieve great tone, this 'uke is made entirely from koa. The build is exceptionally light and it has a wonderfully rich tone. It is in unplayed condition. I replaced the friction tuners with brand new Gotoh UPT's and upgraded the nut and saddle to bone. Includes hardsided case.

View attachment 75919View attachment 75921View attachment 75922View attachment 75920

Last edited:
While the Martin 3 Cherry and LoPrinzi I'm also selling are getting lots of attention, this little gem is being overlooked.

From Artisan Guitars' website:

Ron Yasuda is a Hawaiian Luthier who got his start making ukuleles for Kamaka. As a builder for Kamaka from 1958 to 1977, during their "gold label" years, he learned the skill as one of Kamaka's hearing impaired workforce. Upon retirement he began making ukuleles on his own. Mr. Yasuda is hard of hearing, yet his experience as a craftsman shines through in his work. His ukuleles are of top quality in both wood grain and sound. The high quality of his instruments has earned him a reputation with players from pro to amateur, from local to the world over.
Ron has always said, "Don't sell less than Kamaka!" He's very different from ukulele builders that have factories and workers, Ron does everything himself, and his work represents the pride and detail carefully crafted into every ukulele he builds.

Bump and price drop to $600.

And don't forget, if you purchase before 2/28 you can use Paypal Credit to give yourself six months of no interest financing!

Last edited:
Thanks, Ben. I know we're in a minority as many people don't care for them. I can put on Martin or other strings if someone prefers.

This is mindblowingly light and delivers great tone. Somebody who wants a special soprano should be giving this the love it deserves.

Just wanted to offer my .02 cents' worth on this uke, which I got to meet face to face recently. If it had more than 12 frets, I would have had a hard time passing on it. It's incredibly light and has really good volume and tone. Definitely in the same class as K-brand ukes with that Hawaiian sound.

I got a chance to play this uke today. This uke is great! It is definitely equivalent to a superb Hawaiian Koa uke. Very resonant. Very responsive. Beautiful uke. It is an absolute steal at the asking price. Like Janeray I can't use another 12 fret soprano but this sure is nice.

Man, I wish I played soprano. What a nice uke by a great luthier.......................and a great price.

Man, I wish I played soprano. What a nice uke by a great luthier.......................and a great price.

I think so, too, Steve. It's a shame it ain't gettin' no love. Not that my playing would help much, but think I'll try posting a sound sample sometime today.

PM sent. Interested.

The fish are starting to bite but nobody landed this one yet. I recorded a sound sample (that should scare you off!). I don't really know how to use GarageBand very well yet so I just took two clips from my practice session, one strumming and one fingerstyle (neither is a complete; just to give you a sense). Here it is:

https://soundcloud.com/ukulele-eddie/yasuda-sample/s-PR6kW

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom