Martin Style 3 Cherry (as-new)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
Okay, folks. Have to keep the turnstyles on my rotating 'uke program moving. I've got three really nice soprano's to sell to make some room for some new stuff comin' in. Each of these is wonderful in its own right and they are each in as-new condition. I've sold more than a handful of ukes here on UU and so far everyone has been very happy with their transactions. I offer a 48 hour approval period, subject to you paying shipping both ways and the item being returned in identical as-new condition. (Listing separately so I can upload several pics of each.)

Martin Style 3 Cherry, $1,100 + shipping CONUS
This Martin Style 3 Cherry is da bomb. It is as-new; there isn't even a strum mark on it. This is my favorite from all the Martin's. It maintains the Martin bark while delivering a more rounded, more pleasing (to my ears) tone. Re-strung with Martin 600's. Includes the excellent Martin hard case. Street price on new is $1,500-$1,600. Save $300-$400 off that.

View attachment 75927View attachment 75926View attachment 75925View attachment 75923View attachment 75924

Last edited:
Very nice looking! It appears to have 16-17 frets, is this true?

I've never seen sopranos with more than 12-14 frets, I must take my head out of the cave once in a while...

Wish I had the cash - Good luck with the sale!

Very nice looking! It appears to have 16-17 frets, is this true?

I've never seen sopranos with more than 12-14 frets, I must take my head out of the cave once in a while...

Wish I had the cash - Good luck with the sale!

Yes, 17 frets total, 12 clear.

You know, with a credit card purchase you can transfer the balance to another card interest free for a whole year. ;-) Just kidding. I'm not an advocate of credit card debt.

Yes, 17 frets total, 12 clear.

You know, with a credit card purchase you can transfer the balance to another card interest free for a whole year. ;-) Just kidding. I'm not an advocate of credit card debt.

Thanks for clarifying the # of frets.

Tempting as it may be, I must say that you have a great sense of humor! LOL.

I will likely be shot in the head in my sleep if I buy another uke too soon.

But my birthday is in March, so around that time I can use that as an excuse to feed my UAS. It's too early right now.

I have a Martin Cherry 3, and I agree with the description of the tone and balance. I have a Kiwaya KTS-7 and a KMS-K, but my favorite is the Cherry Martin.

I can vouch for Ukulele Eddie being a swell guy and not a swindler. Lol.

Great instrument for someone wanting the best of modern Martin. Nice, Eddie.

I can vouch for Ukulele Eddie being a swell guy and not a swindler. Lol.

Great instrument for someone wanting the best of modern Martin. Nice, Eddie.

This is a good testimony from another super cool swell dude.

@coolkayaker1: Thanks, Steve!

@booli: Maybe we need to discuss the layaway plan. Feel free to have your wife contact me. ;-)

What is the green FSC sticker inside? Green sticker is not shown on Martin website photos.

What is the green FSC sticker inside? Green sticker is not shown on Martin website photos.

Behold the power of Google!

"The 3 Cherry Uke is part of Martin's re-introduction of the Style 3 ukulele, laid out in soprano dimensions. Constructed of solid FSC® Certified cherry top, back and sides neck. This certification ensures that the wood used to make the guitar is harvested responsibly with very little effect on the environment. The 3 Cherry Uke is beautifully crafted and a pleasure to play."

"Interior Label: FSC® Mixed Sources"

http://www.martinguitar.com/ukuleles/item/110-3-cherry-uke.html

Man these are beautiful ukuleles just so expensive. Layaway plan? No I'm kidding really, am I? Must look away!

~AL~

Last edited:
Behold the power of Google!

"The 3 Cherry Uke is part of Martin's re-introduction of the Style 3 ukulele, laid out in soprano dimensions. Constructed of solid FSC® Certified cherry top, back and sides neck. This certification ensures that the wood used to make the guitar is harvested responsibly with very little effect on the environment. The 3 Cherry Uke is beautifully crafted and a pleasure to play."

"Interior Label: FSC® Mixed Sources"

http://www.martinguitar.com/ukuleles/item/110-3-cherry-uke.html

Man these are beautiful ukuleles just so expensive. Layaway plan? No I'm kidding really, am I? Must look away!

~AL~

Thanks! I looked at the page that your link goes to earlier. They don't have the sticker on the uke in their photo.

Thanks! I looked at the page that your link goes to earlier. They don't have the sticker on the uke in their photo.

I only Googled "fsc sticker martin ukuleles" the results were the answer. I would hope that ugly sticker easily removable.

Stands for "Forest Stewardship Council."

I bet he Googled "FSC". :)

The sticker is on every 3 Cherry I've seen. Steve Shiner, another UU'er, just picked up a custom one in the UK that is unstained and does not have the sticker. That is the first one I've heard of without the sticker.

The sticker is on every 3 Cherry I've seen. Steve Shiner, another UU'er, just picked up a custom one in the UK that is unstained and does not have the sticker. That is the first one I've heard of without the sticker.

I think that was Rod Neep's. I've read about it. There was talk on the UMGF back then, mid-2008, and I seem to remember numerous members grumbling about the intrusiveness of said sticker. Haha. I reckon he must've told Martin to put the brakes on the stain and the sticker... I'm just speculating but I think it's a good hypothosis :D

As far as the uke, were I to be in the market for a new Martin 3, it'd be a Cherry all the way, and this is a good deal. Good luck, Eddie. By the way, you should indeed post it on the Unofficial Martin Guitar Forum. Just let them know you've sold a plenty over here on UU. -- Matt

Last edited:
Yes, it was Rod's. He's a very nice fellow, too, I might add. I was thrilled to be able to buy it from him. It just got shipped today, so hoping to have it early next week.

-Steve

Well, now that we've determined that I have no life, I'm obliged to offer congratulations, Steve. Lol. Without question, your new uke is a one-of-a-kind Martin; gorgeous, to boot! Let us know how you like it if you get the chance. Sweet!

still drooling :drool:...(and trying to find a way to dodge the expected beatings :deadhorse: that will ensue were I to pull the trigger)

I happened across a video demo by fellow UU brother PeteyHoudini for what appears to be the same model uke.

At the risk of acting as a catalyst for your sale to someone else :(, I am offering it here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w-jNYgNgNU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom