PDA

View Full Version : LoPrinzi 3K Longneck Soprano

Ukulele Eddie
02-09-2015, 09:04 AM
Okay, folks. Have to keep the turnstyles on my rotating 'uke program moving. I've got three really nice soprano's to sell to make some room for some new stuff comin' in. Each of these is wonderful in its own right and they are each in as-new condition. I've sold more than a handful of ukes here on UU and so far everyone has been very happy with their transactions. I offer a 48 hour approval period, subject to you paying shipping both ways and the item being returned in identical as-new condition. (Listing separately so I can upload several pics of each.)

LoPrinzi 3K Longneck Soprano, $1,100 + shipping (will ship overseas)
To my eyes, this is one of the most beautiful 'ukes I've seen. It has a super sweet tone. The neck profile on this is wonderfully slim and one of the best I've personally experienced. Strung with Fremont Blacklines. Includes UkeCrazy foam case. Street price is $1,500+.

janeray1940
02-09-2015, 09:17 AM
Oh golly do I see a soprano with a 14-fret join? I had no idea such a thing even existed. If this hasn't sold by this time next month, we may need to talk :)

wayfarer75
02-09-2015, 09:33 AM
LoPrinzis are fantastic instruments! That beauty is going to make someone very happy.

lakesideglenn
02-09-2015, 10:03 AM
Oh golly do I see a soprano with a 14-fret join? I had no idea such a thing even existed. If this hasn't sold by this time next month, we may need to talk :)

Super Soprano Jane...soprano body with concert scale neck...its my favorite size, I have several. Try it youll like it!

janeray1940
02-09-2015, 10:36 AM
Super Soprano Jane...soprano body with concert scale neck...its my favorite size, I have several. Try it youll like it!

That's what I'm afraid of! :) The seller is local so I wouldn't even have to bend my "try before you buy" rule... but the timing could not possibly be worse, finance-wise.

mingus
02-09-2015, 11:17 AM
Where did you purchase that uke from?

Booli
02-09-2015, 05:30 PM
OMG that looks BEAUTIFUL :drool:

sam13
02-10-2015, 06:30 AM
OMG that looks BEAUTIFUL :drool:

Booli. I think you need this one. It will look nice in your collection. It is beautiful. Any sound samples? ... :D

Booli
02-10-2015, 06:42 AM
Booli. I think you need this one. It will look nice in your collection. It is beautiful. Any sound samples? ... :D

HA ha. Would that I could, I'd buy his Martin Style 3 Cherry also currently for sale (http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?104543-Martin-Style-3-Cherry-%28as-new%29).

But I will get beat with a stick if I buy another uke right now, so all I can do is drool.:drool:

Ukulele Eddie
02-13-2015, 03:40 PM
Bump and price drop to $1,150.

And don't forget, if you purchase before 2/28 you can use Paypal Credit to give yourself six months of no interest financing!

sam13
02-14-2015, 05:55 AM
Bump and price drop to $1,150.

And don't forget, if you purchase before 2/28 you can use Paypal Credit to give yourself six months of no interest financing!

This is a nice Ukulele. But what model is it exactly?

Model 3, 3K? A B C OR D?

Ukulele Eddie
02-14-2015, 06:37 AM
Hi, Sam - It's the 3K (it's noted in the original posting). E

Elsclay
02-26-2015, 07:50 PM
What other sopranos do you have? Something for a beginner who wants to step up a little and doesn't want to spend so much?

Ukulele Eddie
02-27-2015, 04:18 AM
Elsclay, I have a Ron Yasuda All koa soprano that is very lovely and quite unique. He was a hearing impaired gentlemen who worked for Kamaka for 20 years (1958-1977) and was known for the exceptional tone in his instruments. He built a few instruments in retirement. This particular uke has an especially rich tone for a soprano and is mind blowingly light (people talk about how light Martin's are; this has a larger body yet about the same weight). It also has a very slim neck profile.

Here is the background on it:

I bought it because it was advertised as a concert. When it arrived, I contacted the seller and informed him it was in fact a soprano. I was going to just unwind the sale but was very impressed with its tone and loved the story about Ron Yasuda. So I offered the seller the option of keeping the sale if he lowered the price to $450 because I thought I could keep it for a while and then easily flip it and maybe even make $50.

I swapped out the crappy tuners with Gotoh UPT's ($90 installed) and replaced the cheap nut and saddle with bone ones ($80) and tried several different strings on it as I do with all my ukes. So I'm in it for over $620. I was about to move it to eBay but would rather sell it here. I'll have it listed in the marketplace for $525+shipping; here (http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?104542-Ron-Yasuda-All-Koa-Soprano&highlight=yasuda) is the link (the pics shows it with Aquila Reds but I have it strung with Aquila Lava's at the moment).

I'd be willing to sell it for $525 shipped. Plus, I'll offer you a 3-day evaluation period. In the unlikely event you don't like it, send it back and I'll refund all but my shipping to you. As my daughter would say, "easy, peasy lemon squeezy."

You can PM me or email me at eddiemonnier at me dot com.

sam13
02-27-2015, 07:26 AM
Hey Eddie,

By replacing the nut and saddle with a bone nut and saddle did you notice any change in tone or volume?

Thanks.

Ukulele Eddie
02-27-2015, 08:44 AM
Sam, I didn't do a back-to-back test in this case. The ones that were on the Yasuda just looked cheap and I felt a uke of this quality and with its background, deserved better.

janeray1940
02-27-2015, 10:41 AM
Just wanted to say that I had the pleasure of checking out this amazing uke recently and - it's all true! It plays beautifully and the intonation is fantastic. Sound-wise, this uke is very much in the same class as the nicer Martin replicas, such as the higher end Kiwayas and the DaSilva replicas I've encountered. My bank account isn't healthy enough to go for it this time around, sadly, but if yours is - by all means do it :)

Ukulele Eddie
02-27-2015, 02:21 PM
Thanks, @janeray1940. Glad you got to spend some quality time with it. And it was nice to hear that Steve Rose was impressed with it, too.

Folks, this is still available. For those that like a little more room in their fretboard, the fretboard is 1/8th wider than the K brands.

Best, Eddie

janeray1940
02-27-2015, 04:49 PM
Folks, this is still available. For those that like a little more room in their fretboard, the fretboard is 1/8th wider than the K brands.

Best, Eddie

Yep, I measured it against my Kamaka and Koaloha concert necks and the LoPrinzi is 1/8" wider at the nut. Two of my guy friends with much bigger hands than mine tried it out and both said they really noticed and liked the extra room - so this would be a great choice for those who generally find sopranos to be too small, but who want that classic soprano sound.

sam13
03-01-2015, 05:16 AM
Sam, I didn't do a back-to-back test in this case. The ones that were on the Yasuda just looked cheap and I felt a uke of this quality and with its background, deserved better.

I think your reasoning is bang on. I have a Kelli'i Super Soprano which I am looking to change the current Rosewood nut and saddle to bone, and was just curious to your observations. good luck with it. Nice looking Uke.

Katz-in-Boots
03-01-2015, 07:07 PM
those that like a little more room in their fretboard, the fretboard is 1/8th wider than the K brands.

Even wider than Kanile'as? Would you ship overseas? Just asking....

Ukulele Eddie
03-02-2015, 03:41 AM

@janeray1940 measured it and compared it. I will try to get to my local store today or tomorrow to measure one exactly myself to compare. The last uke I sold went to Japan, so I'm willing to ship international USPS.

janeray1940
03-02-2015, 04:46 AM

@janeray1940 measured it and compared it. I will try to get to my local store today or tomorrow to measure one exactly myself to compare. The last uke I sold went to Japan, so I'm willing to ship international USPS.

I'd definitely recommend measuring it against a Kanile'a. I don't have one, but I did do a similar comparison some years ago (the three K brands, all concerts) - rather than nut width, I measured the actual circumference of the necks. The Kanile'a had a thicker circumference so the neck felt "chunky" in my hand but the fret spacing didn't seem all that different. With the LoPrinzi, the neck didn't feel chunky at all - but the 4th string was definitely harder for my stubby little pinky finger to reach, so at least for me, the fret spacing is what was most affected by the larger nut width. For those with bigger hands or longer fingers, this is a good thing!

Ukulele Eddie
03-02-2015, 03:53 PM

I measured the fretboard width right up against the first fret wire. The Kanile'a tenor that my local store had measured just a hair under 1 1/2. The LoPrinzi measures just under 3/32 narrower (so ~1 13/32). The LoPrinzi has a more slim neck profile. It's really very comfortable.

katysax
03-03-2015, 02:16 PM
I had a chance to play this today. Beautiful uke. All three of the sopranos being offered by Eddie are first rate. They are all great players as well as in great condition. This one is the most appealing to me as it has 14 frets at the join.

Ukulele Eddie
03-04-2015, 04:04 AM
Thanks, Katysax.

Others, please note that I will ship outside the US.

Ukulele Eddie
03-10-2015, 05:47 AM
Bumpity-bump.

Hippie Dribble
03-10-2015, 12:20 PM
Stunning instrument Eddie. LoPrinzi's are fantastic ukes. Man I hope someone grabs this soon, I'm a gettin twitchy...

Ukulele Eddie
03-11-2015, 03:46 AM
Stunning instrument Eddie. LoPrinzi's are fantastic ukes. Man I hope someone grabs this soon, I'm a gettin twitchy...

Resistance is futile. Give in to the LoPrinzi force. ;-)

Katz-in-Boots
03-12-2015, 06:34 PM
Please somebody buy this so I can't :drool:

Ukulele Eddie
03-13-2015, 05:27 AM
Please somebody buy this so I can't :drool:

It is drool worthy, isn't it? Still available...

Ukulele Eddie
03-18-2015, 04:25 AM
Final price reduction to $1,100. I'm "this" close to pulling this and putting some UPT's on it. :-)

Ukulele Eddie
03-19-2015, 07:58 AM
I had a few questions about the sound on this uke. Here is a short sound sample recorded directly onto my iPhone as I am without a computer this week (tip: do not spill water on your laptop). It's just two snipets: one strumming and one fingerstyle.

https://soundcloud.com/ukulele-eddie/loprinzi-3k/s-KKFIv

Ukulele Eddie
03-20-2015, 10:38 AM
On its way to a new home. I aways get a little sad when one of my ukes finds a new home, but then I focus on how much it will be appreciated by its new owner and how the open slot creates an opportunity for me to experience a new uke.