LoPrinzi 3K Longneck Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
Okay, folks. Have to keep the turnstyles on my rotating 'uke program moving. I've got three really nice soprano's to sell to make some room for some new stuff comin' in. Each of these is wonderful in its own right and they are each in as-new condition. I've sold more than a handful of ukes here on UU and so far everyone has been very happy with their transactions. I offer a 48 hour approval period, subject to you paying shipping both ways and the item being returned in identical as-new condition. (Listing separately so I can upload several pics of each.)

LoPrinzi 3K Longneck Soprano, $1,100 + shipping (will ship overseas)
To my eyes, this is one of the most beautiful 'ukes I've seen. It has a super sweet tone. The neck profile on this is wonderfully slim and one of the best I've personally experienced. Strung with Fremont Blacklines. Includes UkeCrazy foam case. Street price is $1,500+.

View attachment 75928View attachment 75931View attachment 75932View attachment 75930View attachment 75929

Last edited:
LoPrinzis are fantastic instruments! That beauty is going to make someone very happy.

Oh golly do I see a soprano with a 14-fret join? I had no idea such a thing even existed. If this hasn't sold by this time next month, we may need to talk :)

Super Soprano Jane...soprano body with concert scale neck...its my favorite size, I have several. Try it youll like it!

Super Soprano Jane...soprano body with concert scale neck...its my favorite size, I have several. Try it youll like it!

That's what I'm afraid of! :) The seller is local so I wouldn't even have to bend my "try before you buy" rule... but the timing could not possibly be worse, finance-wise.

Where did you purchase that uke from?

OMG that looks BEAUTIFUL :drool:

Price Drop

Bump and price drop to $1,150.

And don't forget, if you purchase before 2/28 you can use Paypal Credit to give yourself six months of no interest financing!

Bump and price drop to $1,150.

And don't forget, if you purchase before 2/28 you can use Paypal Credit to give yourself six months of no interest financing!

This is a nice Ukulele. But what model is it exactly?

Model 3, 3K? A B C OR D?

What other sopranos do you have? Something for a beginner who wants to step up a little and doesn't want to spend so much?

Elsclay, I have a Ron Yasuda All koa soprano that is very lovely and quite unique. He was a hearing impaired gentlemen who worked for Kamaka for 20 years (1958-1977) and was known for the exceptional tone in his instruments. He built a few instruments in retirement. This particular uke has an especially rich tone for a soprano and is mind blowingly light (people talk about how light Martin's are; this has a larger body yet about the same weight). It also has a very slim neck profile.

Here is the background on it:

I bought it because it was advertised as a concert. When it arrived, I contacted the seller and informed him it was in fact a soprano. I was going to just unwind the sale but was very impressed with its tone and loved the story about Ron Yasuda. So I offered the seller the option of keeping the sale if he lowered the price to $450 because I thought I could keep it for a while and then easily flip it and maybe even make $50.

I swapped out the crappy tuners with Gotoh UPT's ($90 installed) and replaced the cheap nut and saddle with bone ones ($80) and tried several different strings on it as I do with all my ukes. So I'm in it for over $620. I was about to move it to eBay but would rather sell it here. I'll have it listed in the marketplace for $525+shipping; here is the link (the pics shows it with Aquila Reds but I have it strung with Aquila Lava's at the moment).

I'd be willing to sell it for $525 shipped. Plus, I'll offer you a 3-day evaluation period. In the unlikely event you don't like it, send it back and I'll refund all but my shipping to you. As my daughter would say, "easy, peasy lemon squeezy."

You can PM me or email me at eddiemonnier at me dot com.

Hey Eddie,

By replacing the nut and saddle with a bone nut and saddle did you notice any change in tone or volume?

Thanks.

Sam, I didn't do a back-to-back test in this case. The ones that were on the Yasuda just looked cheap and I felt a uke of this quality and with its background, deserved better.

Just wanted to say that I had the pleasure of checking out this amazing uke recently and - it's all true! It plays beautifully and the intonation is fantastic. Sound-wise, this uke is very much in the same class as the nicer Martin replicas, such as the higher end Kiwayas and the DaSilva replicas I've encountered. My bank account isn't healthy enough to go for it this time around, sadly, but if yours is - by all means do it :)

Last edited:
Thanks, @janeray1940. Glad you got to spend some quality time with it. And it was nice to hear that Steve Rose was impressed with it, too.

Folks, this is still available. For those that like a little more room in their fretboard, the fretboard is 1/8th wider than the K brands.

Best, Eddie

Folks, this is still available. For those that like a little more room in their fretboard, the fretboard is 1/8th wider than the K brands.

Best, Eddie

Yep, I measured it against my Kamaka and Koaloha concert necks and the LoPrinzi is 1/8" wider at the nut. Two of my guy friends with much bigger hands than mine tried it out and both said they really noticed and liked the extra room - so this would be a great choice for those who generally find sopranos to be too small, but who want that classic soprano sound.

Sam, I didn't do a back-to-back test in this case. The ones that were on the Yasuda just looked cheap and I felt a uke of this quality and with its background, deserved better.

I think your reasoning is bang on. I have a Kelli'i Super Soprano which I am looking to change the current Rosewood nut and saddle to bone, and was just curious to your observations. good luck with it. Nice looking Uke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom