Snow sucks

Pukulele Pete

Reaction score
Up here in the NE we have had 70 inches of snow in 18 days.
I'm sick of shoveling. There is no place to put it.
I can't wait for Spring . I guess I'll go out and shovel again. WTF

Last edited:
Hate to say it, Pete, but we're sending more your way.

Not my fault!

Hang in there, play some uke, and be careful with your back.

I'd just string up that shovel and get out in the driveway and PLAY

My sister just moved out here to S Oregon from Michigan. Our temps the last few weeks have been mid 40s to mid 60s and a lot of sun. She made a good choice.

Please , DO NOT send any more snow , we are full. I'm warming up , having a cup of tea, agonizing about going back out to shovel again. After a few hours of shoveling last nite and an hour and a half of more shoveling at 6 this morning , one car is able to get out of the driveway. The snow piles are well over 6 feet , even higher next door ( maybe 12 ? feet ). Man ,... what a crappy winter so far. Come on Spring !

Sorry to hear about all of the snow. I hope that it all melts for you before the middle of April. Good luck, and best wishes. :)

We've only used our heater for about one week or ten days so far this winter (?), and we've only had one good rain.

I bought a nice sweater and a good lookin' hoodie earlier and haven't worn either yet. :eek:ld:

That's why I moved to Arizona, it's been in the high 70's/80's...:shaka:

We've only used our heater for about one week or ten days so far this winter (?), and we've only had one good rain.

I bought a nice sweater and a good lookin' hoodie earlier and haven't worn either yet. :eek:ld:

Brother DuD mom said not to make fun of other peoples misfortunes............... I'm telling :p

I feel for you Pete, usually up here in Canada we have more winter than you guys, not the case right now. The trick is to wear a hawaiian shirt under your snow jacket, get some aloha karma. All the best and be careful

Up here in the NE we have had 70 inches of snow in 18 days.
I'm sick of shoveling. There is no place to put it.
I can't wait for Spring . I guess I'll go out and shovel again. WTF

All this snow will make us appreciate Spring and Summer all that much more. But boy, they seem like a long ways off right now.

I think that I speak for everybody in this region when I say Uncle!

Dear DUD1, I'm not makin' fun of all that snow. It's really hard to have nice new clothes and haveta run around in last summer's t-shirts. Why, we haveta wear sunglasses outside all day! And we've been bustin' our backs sweeping the dust off our sidewalk once or twice a week! It's been a brutal winter!

But Pukulele Pete, I do feel your pain. My Granddaughter and her family live near Boston. :eek:ld:

Just came back in from shoveling again . While I was having tea the plow plowed me back in .

Last edited:
Snow has been real bad here in NJ too.

Yesterday I saw our neighbor (across the street) with a propane tank on his back like scuba gear, and he had a metal wand/torch that is about 3 feet long, and yep, you guessed it - FLAMETHROWER

He was using the crazy thing to melt the snow of course, super dangerous I know, but I was just mesmerized and could not look away.

I dont know if doing that is illegal, but nothing/nobody got burned up (this time). After about and hour he put it away.

As long as my house does not catch fire....when it's -10 F outside at night.

Well Pete, I was trying to be a little diplomatic, and not rub it in, as I know that when I happen to comment too much on FB about how nice the weather is down here, they all get mad up North there. So I tried to be sensitive about it. But it seems to me that Dave does not feel the same way. I don't know how I feel about that, him rubbing it in and all and all that insensitivity. I feel like I need to take my uke down to the beach, find a palm tree to sit under, preferably one with no coconuts to fall on my head, and think about if I want to continue to associate with him? :)

Well Pete, I was trying to be a little diplomatic, and not rub it in, as I know that when I happen to comment too much on FB about how nice the weather is down here, they all get mad up North there. So I tried to be sensitive about it. But it seems to me that Dave does not feel the same way. I don't know how I feel about that, him rubbing it in and all and all that insensitivity. I feel like I need to take my uke down to the beach, find a palm tree to sit under, preferably one with no coconuts to fall on my head, and think about if I want to continue to associate with him? :)
I hope a coconut does hit your Head ( just a small one ). If I knew how to put a smiley here I would . :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom