Who has a KoAloha T2 tenor-scale soprano?

Tommy B

Reaction score
I haven't seen too many posts about these unusual, versatile and super-fun ukes. Who else here has one? Does anyone have the pineapple? Also, does anyone know if KoAloha is discontinuing them? I haven't seen them in stock at any of the major dealers for a while now.

Coolkayaker1 has/had one, so he'll likely chime in. HMS (theukulelesite.com) recently had a couple in, so I'd check with Andrew K. I've never seen the pineapple version, though.

Soup, your memory is spot on!

HMS had, as brother Soup says, two in the past two months. And there was a blem on KoAloha's website three months ago. I loved mine, but sold it. Should have kept it for the unique sound and scale. It is head-heavy and requires a strap. Concert strings and case. If you google search it, threads on UU will come up, Tommy.

Have fun. Great uke!

Thanks coolkayaker1. I've had mine for a while now and every once in a while I think I should let it go and just play a concert (which I also do), but there's something about this uke that keeps bringing me back to it. The balance doesn't bother me, even without a strap. Besides the access to all those frets, I really like the harp-like sustain of those longer strings. BTW, I did Google the uke and read up on the UU threads about this, but I didn't see that many and was wondering if this uke had gained any traction with the UU community. Seems like a bit of a fringe instrument still ... but a good one!

Soup, your memory is spot on!

HMS had, as brother Soup says, two in the past two months. And there was a blem on KoAloha's website three months ago. I loved mine, but sold it. Should have kept it for the unique sound and scale. It is head-heavy and requires a strap. Concert strings and case. If you google search it, threads on UU will come up, Tommy.

Have fun. Great uke!

I see, Tommy...you already have one. Great! Like you, I kept coming back to it. I shouldn't have sold it. Cool that you can play it strapless as a new bride. Mine, literally, balanced with my finger at about the 8th fret. The head always felt heavy and for complex picking arrangements, the ever so slight need for the fretting hand to give that balance really hinder me. Not after the strap, though. It sure is unique, indeed. I often laugh when players try so hard to detect almost imperceptible differences, and even buy tenors with various woods to do it, when all they really need is a T2 to get such a great unique sound; they could end the search and spending right there. Lol

To me, and this is totally just me, concerts are not the best of all worlds, but the worst. So middling, less jangle and percussion than the bratty soprano, less tonal elegance and sustain of daddy tenor. As UUer Paul December once called the concert uje (to great debate): the Jan Brady of the ukulele family. Lol Yes.

Welcome to the T2 club,Tommy. You've been here for a while, I know. You can now become the resident expert on them.

Last edited:
The head always felt heavy and for complex picking arrangements, the ever so slight need for the fretting hand to give that balance really hinder me.

Everything's easier when you're a three-chord strummer with no playing ability like me! :D

To me, and this is totally just me, concerts are not the best of all worlds, but the worst. So middling, less jangle and percussion than the bratty soprano, less tonal elegance and sustain of daddy tenor. As UUer Paul December once called the concert uje (to great debate): the Jan Brady of the ukulele family. Lol Yes.

Now that's funny! So is the tenor Marcia? Or is the soprano? Nevermind ... I don't want to start another debate. :) Although I enjoy my one concert, a Martin C1K, I actually consider it my take-anywhere beater uke because I got it used, it's easily replaceable and it sounds great. But when I'm working on a song, I definitely want the distinct identity of a soprano voice or a tenor voice. Tin Pan Alley stuff, for instance, sounds right on a little "bratty" uke. Lush jazz arrangements sound better to me on a tenor.

Welcome to the T2 club,Tommy. You've been here for a while, I know. You can now become the resident expert on them.

LOL. You should pick up one of those HMS blems and we'll start a T2 club, CoolKayaker1.

Top Bottom